Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

header brackets done

Gerry

Hi
Spend this weekend playing around with the diff strap mounts. Needed cleaning up and shaping. Finally got to the rear brackets for the headers. Heres the pics. All stainless in case you are wondering. The rubbers are for a VW of some description but gave me the height and flex i needed.
Gerry

easter-10-(45).jpg

easter-10-(44).jpg

easter-10-(3).jpg

Gerry, better use drilled bolts so you can run a wire through all of them together, as the vibes of the headers will send them bolts out real fast otherwise... Your car has a GREAT look, nice and low, easy to step into, plus the super look... Build safe and fun... :thumb:

Just a thought for a little extra detail Gerry. Take a SS stove bolt and tig it in the end of the tube. I do this on my hairpins to cap off the treaded tube for the heim joint and then drill a very small hole as a vent. Keeps the junk out of those threads.

Ron

As always Gerry, very fine work on a very fine car. I'm inspired by your car to finish mine and maybe "research" some of your ideas for a second car.

Leg show, usually they see more than that, I always loved it when the Ladies wore dresses, (watching them get in and out) as I am a real LEG man myself... :jester: and yes I am building a new chassis and will be a bit like yours, LOW... :)

Gerry, better use drilled bolts so you can run a wire through all of them together, as the vibes of the headers will send them bolts out real fast otherwise... Your car has a GREAT look, nice and low, easy to step into, plus the super look... Build safe and fun...
ab.gif

Ted
Bolts are for set up only. I am going to put 'baffels' in each pipe and the bolt that goes through the brackets will go through the pipes and into a boss welded to a pipe that carries the end plate for the baffels... if you see what I mean.

This way the brackets, pipes and baffels will all be held in with one SS countersunk bolt. The boss will be long enough to to allow a good tight up-do on the bolt.

Gerry

Leg show, usually they see more than that, I always loved it when the Ladies wore dresses, (watching them get in and out) as I am a real LEG man myself... :jester: and yes I am building a new chassis and will be a bit like yours, LOW... :)

Ted

ANY and I mean any help I can give is yours for the asking. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Let me know if you would prefer to talk and I will mail my home telephone number so we can chat about Ts and bore everyone that listening. Dont you just love Hot rods
Gerry

Ted

ANY and I mean any help I can give is yours for the asking. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Let me know if you would prefer to talk and I will mail my home telephone number so we can chat about Ts and bore everyone that listening. Dont you just love Hot rods
Gerry
Gerry, Yes Hot rods were and still are my main life and love... Almost as good as $ex, well at my age, BETTER as they ride longer hehe
my e-mail is tedabrown@juno.com easy to send pics and such... I have a lot of new ideas for my new chassis, it should ride super quiet and smooth... When I built a set of headers like your's, I welded 4 tubes 4" long together, they slid over the header tubes and were easy to keep on, only needed 1 bolt and I had them Brass plated for contrast, I finally gave up on 4 solo pipes for a collector and muffler, more power and better sounding (out back with the sound) Cell phone also works great.. :jester:

Gerry, Yes Hot rods were and still are my main life and love... Almost as good as $ex, well at my age, BETTER as they ride longer hehe
my e-mail is tedabrown@juno.com easy to send pics and such... I have a lot of new ideas for my new chassis, it should ride super quiet and smooth... When I built a set of headers like your's, I welded 4 tubes 4" long together, they slid over the header tubes and were easy to keep on, only needed 1 bolt and I had them Brass plated for contrast, I finally gave up on 4 solo pipes for a collector and muffler, more power and better sounding (out back with the sound) Cell phone also works great.. :)

Ted
A few bucket owners I talked to at the last meet also run 8 pipe systems and all of them have fitted downturns on the end to blow the sound to the floor and quieten up the ride.
Problem I have is I just dont care about the noise inside the car. I am half deaf from loud music and my Topolino Altered anyway. The thing is I am not going to compromise the FadT look form my comfort and wellbeing... probably because I am an awkward old So and so.

Kinsler have estimated the with this set up and on a 350 HO I will have around 420 BHP and 400+ FtLbs. I think that any small loss of power due to the headers is not going to be a real problem for me. It will be fast enough for me and any other takers.
Would it be an idea to run a topic on my headers. I am using a double flange set up to get over the problem of having to scollop the middle twinned pipes for the manifold bolts. Might help someone else out who want to go this way

Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back