Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello everybody

k23t

Hi All,

My name is Karl and I've had a T-Bucket most of my adult life. I bought a rolling frame when I was under 20 and mounted a 350 Chevy engine from a 1975 Belair to it.

Old_Bucket-1.jpg

Old_Bucket-2.jpg

I loved the home-made feel to this 'Bucket, though after 15 or so years of driving it, I decided it was time to rebuild from the ground up. I got a new frame, trailing arms, stainless brake lines, dual master cylinder, chrome coil overs etc. Unfortunately, I never had the time to complete the project due to my '87 Cougar constantly needing attention (my other hobby car).
DSCF0971.jpg

Eventually I decided to keep my eyes open and one day a 'Bucket looking very much like I would have wanted mine to look like showed up on Ebay. Well, I bought it and sold the old rolling project locally. Here's a couple of pictures of my current T-'Bucket:

Standing behind it:
DSCF0953.jpg

Meaty tires:
Bucket_back.jpg

Here's a picture of it with my Cougar in the background:
DSCF1753.jpg

akitagandy said:
Welcome to the forum, You have a nice ride

Thanks. I actually just cracked the windshield (stupid mistake) and was searching for a place to get a replacement and happened upon this site while Googling :D Having one of the few angled 20" windshields was cool, now it's off the car while I try to find new glass :(

Welcome Karl, very nice setup. Must be a whole new exprience. Where are you located? Do hope you enjoy this site.

thomas:)

Welcome to the site. Your Mr gasket air intake is it new was wondering does the shaft on yours rattle? Wondering if the new shaft and butterflies will stop my rattle under acceleration?Thats a prety drastic change in the tire and no fender department handle better now?

putz said:
Welcome to the site. Your Mr gasket air intake is it new was wondering does the shaft on yours rattle? Wondering if the new shaft and butterflies will stop my rattle under acceleration?Thats a prety drastic change in the tire and no fender department handle better now?

I've had some rattling issues. I had to carefully adjust the butterflies and rod so that it doesn't rattle - I don't remember the specifics at this time though.

This new 'Bucket handles a lot better than the old one - the 'cycle tires used to give a bit in the corners.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back