Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from New Jersey

Welcome to our world! Fire when ready with the questions.

(PS - Love the bike in your avatar. Did you build it?)

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma ! welcome-group.gif

Welcome to our world! Fire when ready with the questions.

(PS - Love the bike in your avatar. Did you build it?)

Should I put all the newb questions here or in the respective forums?

No, I got very lucky and found it in its current state.... Depending on my other projects I'm hoping to take it down and redo it this winter

Welcome from Oklahoma. Put your questions in the respective forums. Makes your questions easier for us an you to find them.

Welcomed from New Mexico...................we are part of the USA....................

Welcome from Kansas City! I wish I could say that "I would tear it down and redo it this winter." I've been working on mine for 3 yrs now, and I'm still far off from completion (ouch). I'm hoping to get it close to finished sometime next year or the year after. LOL!

Covid Project - 80's Project T-Rod

Welcome from Kansas City! I wish I could say that "I would tear it down and redo it this winter." I've been working on mine for 3 yrs now, and I'm still far off from completion (ouch). I'm hoping to get it close to finished sometime next year or the year after. LOL!

Covid Project - 80's Project T-Rod

That's a story I hear so often... Truthfully I'm afraid of something like that happen to me. I know life takes over sometimes and these projects take a back seat.

I may sell my bones and fund a more complete project.

I may sell my bones and fund a more complete project.

If that is your intent, what you have may fund some of your expenses. A project that is a running car lets you enjoy the ride while you are making changes to suit you.

Last edited:
If that is your intent, what you have may fund some of your expenses. A project that is a running car lets you enjoy the ride while you are making changes to suit you.

A few things in life moved unexpectedly and selling these parts maybe more of a necessity and not just an idea.

With that being the case, where within the forum would be the right place to gather a value on the items I have?

Well, the value is what it is worth to someone else. A starting point might be to look for similar items in a catalog (Speedway? Early Ford Parts?) and price your "used" items about half of new. Just sayin . . .

Well, the value is what it is worth to someone else. A starting point might be to look for similar items in a catalog (Speedway? Early Ford Parts?) and price your "used" items about half of new. Just sayin . . .

You're correct, a starting point is what I'm looking for thank you.

I've yet to find any tubs for sale... How do you suggest I find a starting price for them and the frame.

I greatly appreciate all the advice!

I would search my local region on market place, Craigslist, etc. Any old car or parts advertising platforms or swap meets.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back