Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Utah

Welcome, Hoppy! CCR is one of our sponsors at this site. They build great products, and I'll bet they can help you with your rebuild. Nice folks to work with. So, what all does the rebuild include?

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Welcome, Hoppy! CCR is one of our sponsors at this site. They build great products, and I'll bet they can help you with your rebuild. Nice folks to work with. So, what all does the rebuild include?
It's getting new paint for frame, engine, and body. Some parts need re-chrome. 327 and power glide just got rebuilt to handle the 671 blower. Just mounted the jag rear end under it thanks to some hardware I got from CCR. It's getting all new wiring and gauges. Lots and spit shine

Keep us informed on your re chroming process goes. I think thats a pretty expensive and scarce process nowadays. I’ve actually contemplated investing in electroplating supplies and experimenting in my shop for personal use. The last parts I received were poor quality: they didn’t properly prep and polish, so the metal working artifacts are visible through the chrome. Fortunately they are brake parts, so not a focus point, but still disappointing. Also, in 06 I was diagnosed with cancer and I decided to do a project to keep from going insane, worrying, so I bought and restored a ‘77 Fiat Spyder... the first inexpensive, relatively simple project I found on CL... anyways it has bed liner black bumpers because the only place nearby that would chrome them wanted $1200.00 per bumper. Actually, I should thank them, because I think it looks better with them being black, it coordinates with the convertible top and other miscellaneous trim and really breaks up the red paint. That would be a great topic for someone to outline on here: home brew electroplating.

I am doing a upholstery job for a powder coater at the present. A couple of years ago I wanted the grilles on my custom done in a stainless finish fearing the chrome would look like powder coating. About a month later he showed me the "new" chrome coating, and it was great. If I can get a photo of something he has done, I will post it here.

I worked in a chrome shop as a maintenance man. Most of the cost in chrome is the polish work. It is not hard or expensive but it is nasty! The dust and lint from the buffing wheels go everywhere! The part needs to look like it’s chrome before it goes in the tanks for chroming . Talk to the chromeer and ask about you supplying parts ready to hang. That way you can spend the time where it will show and not so much time if it won’t

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back