Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey from Philly Area

falcon50

Just wanted to say hello. I bought a project T-Bucket from Atlanta, GA last year. It had a new ZZ4 crate/TH350/9" and frame was well constructed. The kid I had bought it as a half-done project and butched the rest.
I'm not a mechanic and always farmed out the work on my supercharged Mustangs/5.0 Falcon. So, I wanted something simple enough that I could do the work and obviously have a hella lot fun with.

Hey Falcon50, welcome to the site. Is this another case of where some one painted themselves into a corner? A lot of projects end up that way. I have no problem removing a part I've just spent hours or even days on because it didn't look or do what I wanted it to, (I'm on the 4th front spring perch now). These cars are pretty simple. As such, it's not hard to go back to where things are good and then go on from there.

Ron

Yeah, car had good basics (his dad was into rods from way back) but kid ratted up the rest (gastank was hanging on by 1 broken weld, body was held on by 1 lag bolt, battery in passenger seat well) and then went in the Air Force.
Dad was going to junk the car so kid put it up for sale on Old Car Trader for $5500 and I grabbed it.

what part of the philly aera are you from i was born in philly lived in lansdown till i was 3yr old then moved to a farm in chester co near honey brook pa. welcome to the forum we are a fun loving bunch of bucket heads. :rolleyes:

Welcome falcon50 :rolleyes:

falcon50 said:
Yeah, car had good basics (his dad was into rods from way back) but kid ratted up the rest (gastank was hanging on by 1 broken weld, body was held on by 1 lag bolt, battery in passenger seat well) and then went in the Air Force.
Dad was going to junk the car so kid put it up for sale on Old Car Trader for $5500 and I grabbed it.

:)

Sounds like you've got a solid base to work with and deconstruction of the cobbed stuff will go quick... then let the work begin! You'll have a ball, keep us posted with pics and be sure to ask questions... lots of excellent knowledgeable folks here!

wow i am suprised i found other people that live near me on this site. I am from glen mills (right near west chester)

falcon50 said:
I'm from Bucks County North of Philly and worked at the Ford plant in Lansdale for 18 years.

Welcome to the site. My Father worked there for 20 some years also.If you have any problems let me know I'm close to you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back