Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey T-odd, This VW is for you

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I think he's been watching too many Monster Garage re-runs.

DSC_0043.jpg

Grant, there are LOTS of old VW Gasser pics out there so a healthy V8 stuffed in a light little chassis isn't a new idea... but it is a VERY GOOD idea.

There are a few guys over on Volksrods.com that are building V8 bugs also.

Had a guy show up in Tunica a few years ago with one also.

I'd really like to see one with a Ford Modular stuffed up in there. They've gotta be lighter than an old cast iron block right?

and on the flipside, here's a 34 Ford with a Porsche engine under the bed.

dyn005_original_800_500_jpeg_2618111_d18f42043be6b547da2d3e57d3356356.jpg

must have quite the cooling system on that bug.

T-Odd said:
and on the flipside, here's a 34 Ford with a Porsche engine under the bed.

dyn005_original_800_500_jpeg_2618111_d18f42043be6b547da2d3e57d3356356.jpg

Thats cool by anyones standard, even if its got a porshe engine in it.

Gotta love a woman that's in to buckets!!! Look at what she's holdin.

Ron

T-Odd said:
Grant, there are LOTS of old VW Gasser pics out there so a healthy V8 stuffed in a light little chassis isn't a new idea... but it is a VERY GOOD idea.

There are a few guys over on Volksrods.com that are building V8 bugs also.

Had a guy show up in Tunica a few years ago with one also.

I'd really like to see one with a Ford Modular stuffed up in there. They've gotta be lighter than an old cast iron block right?
Sticking a Ford modular motor in that would be about the same as sticking in an old Hemi the Mod motors are about the same outside dimensions.I had a Crown Victoria 4.6 I had planned for my 27 T till I started checking size

Arrowhead and Darr both dropped Ford Mods in their buckets... and both with Blowers on top.

My opinion is that it looks AWESOME of course BUT I'd really be temped to adapt some Hemi valve covers just to make people go "HUH?" and take another look.

bloweronMKVIII.jpg

Arrowhead's bucket build was on Hot Rodders somewhere and Mr. Darr dropped a few pics over on the NTBA site a week ago.

I'm a motorhead I guess. Don't care what it is, what company manufactured it, bone stock or heavily modified I want to drive something and put it through it's paces.

A little four cylinder Austin Mini (even though it's FWD and less than 1000 cc) is just about as much fun as you can have on four wheels... even though 12 volt positive ground don't make no sense at all - silly Brits.

So I guess I don't discriminate too much.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back