Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi from New Zealand

GMC T

Hi,

I just found this site thru a link on another page I was viewing.

My name is Ian and I live in New Zealand.

More years ago than I care to remember I built a C Cab with a BMC A series 4 cylinder engine. Remember the gas crunch years? Hey, they are nearly here again.:) I have tried to find this car again and buy it back but it has dissapeared. :sad:

In the late 80's I built a T bucket with a Y Block Ford V8. Sold it (don't really know why) and regretted it straight away. It was a pretty showy Bucket with lots of chrome and dual webber carbs. I fitted six carbs on the Y Block. Metalflake blue paint.

Then for a few years I moved on to other things and vehicles. I still own a '56 Ford F100.

Then my nephew and I got together to build what has become known as TRUBLE. ;)

It is powered by a 270 cube GMC six with a wild cam, 5 stromberg carbs, HEI ignition and a few other tricks. It runs a M21 Muncie 4 speed and a 4.11 LSD rear axle. '35 Ford wire wheels, Essex grille, Packard headlites.

Built to loosely look like a early American track/modified roadster it is a real fun car to drive with the skinny cross ply tires. It gets real crazy in the wet. :cool:

Hopefully the pictures will upload and you can see for yourself.

Welcome aboard Ian,

Very cool Truble. Hope you get started on another build. Your very good at building. You happen to have my favorite pickup of all time. 1956 Ford.

thomas:)

thomas said:
Welcome aboard Ian,

....................... You happen to have my favorite pickup of all time. 1956 Ford.

thomas:)

The 56 runs a 289 /auto. Was a plain two tone when we brought it./ We just tidied it up a bit. Neat truck that goes everywhere. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! Great to see some variation to the run of the mill T's. I must have stared and drooled over Truble for 30 minutes or better. Excellent!!!

ian is that water neck inlet with the radiator cap one off or was it factory designed that engine set up is cool good luck

Welcome to the sight! First off, that C Cab took me back to the show car T Buckets of the late sixties and seventies. way cool! I hope you track her down. Second, I want TRUBLE!:lol: That is an awesome looking tracker! Looks VERY welldone.

You guys down under do first class work!:)

realsteel27 said:
ian is that water neck inlet with the radiator cap one off or was it factory designed that engine set up is cool good luck

The water neck is home made. It was made out of an off cut from the intake manifold.

Man, the detail in that is awesome! Every new pic I look at, I spot something new.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back