Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

i was just being friendly

jjsticks

My wife and my self took the "Turtle" (27 turtle back)to 2 car shows over the weekend.We pulled up and parked .and you might have thought i just shot every body the finger.they looked at us,nobody walked over .said hi nuttin' So my wife said" let's walk around and look at every bodies cars thats the nice thing to do. ".I tell you what some guys are just A holes.unless your asking them about there car.I know we are going to enjoy the day but come on be friendly.Say hello even if T buckets turn you off.am I wrong?? jj's feelings are almost hurt .......

IMO... People are just like cars, theres all makes and models. Your wife and you made the good hearted decision of walking around showing your good side! My opinion is screw the people who are jealous of your car. Its not your fault they built the wrong car!

I hope I didnt offend anyone, that is just my opinion...

You know they did the same thing last year when we drove my 70 nova.they must need attention,cause god knows we get that in our "T"s...... rock on brothers!!

Sounds like a bunch of trophy chasers that didn't like someone else showing up to be competition.

Todd said:
Sounds like a bunch of trophy chasers that didn't like someone else showing up to be competition.

And they probably had someone else build their cars for them.

jjsticks said:
My wife and my self took the "Turtle" (27 turtle back)to 2 car shows over the weekend.We pulled up and parked .and you might have thought i just shot every body the finger.they looked at us,nobody walked over .said hi nuttin' So my wife said" let's walk around and look at every bodies cars thats the nice thing to do. ....

Dude... you got it all over them... one, you got a car that grabs all the attention so they don't really like that... two, you got a wife with class! I'm not sure what chapter or verse it is in Rooster big book, but I think you win! :thumbsup:

Bro, here's what I found out. I built my car for me. Anything else is a bonus. I try not to go to shows, I go to meet ups and cruises. Not to get away from being judged, but just the attitude. If I go to a show, it's because I know a friend or a group of friends will be there. The trailer queens and gold chainers will usually have the attitude you describe.

For me, every stop light is a show. People look and 90% don't even know what they are looking at, but they like it and if they don't, oh well. It's different, maybe they saw one in a movie, maybe they only thought they were for show and not for the street, all they know is, it's cooler and sounds better and is different than that "Detroit go to work box" they are driving. Which most likely came from Japan.

Dude.... you built a car. You got it registered, inspected and licensed, if someone were to ask you when you put a certain bolt in you could tell 'em. Because it is YOURS. That's part of what makes us what we are. We don't fit a certain peg or group. Individualism at it's best.

One question.... did you and your wife have a cool time driving your car? If the answer is "yes", then mission accomplished. That's the praise. You drove your car with your lady? The attitudes are something I wouldn't have even noticed. Besides, most of the folks you're talking about probably didn't even have a hot rod and if they did they probably trailered the damn thing, someone else built it or maybe they dropped big bucks on it and didn't even touch a wrench. If they behaved that way, then let 'em be. You build it for YOU. They weren't there when she first fired off. They weren't there when you snuck that first drive. You were. In YOUR hot rod. Please yourself, man. The a-holes will fall by the way side.

Ride on, man.:cool: Leave the a-holes to their own world and problems.

Here.... substitute T Buckets in this Harley commercial. That's us. Find your herd and RIDE HARDER.

[ame]

i have a friend who builds fords from the mid '30's to the late '40's. he says he hates to see t buckets come in to a show cause they steal all the attention. he calls them cookie cutter cars. yet nearly every one he builds uses the same components from the same suppliers.

it's all a matter of prospective. i agree with Al...you got it all over them.

Ron

the question is.... how much more spectators were lookin at your car that the others? Thats prolly why the others were pissed. You stole all their attention and they don't like that. SCREW THEM @SSHOLES. All (well MOST of them atleast) them Billet rods and drivers are JERKS. All they know how to do is polish them and drive them on and off the trailer. Just go cruising with them in a long line and see which vehicle gets the stares and thumbs up. I betcha it ain't for them. They are dime a dozen street rods and the only reason people look is because they are not late model vehicles in a parking lot. But put a T bucket at there then people gather around it cause its cool, loud, mean lookin wild@ss paint and all big tires. The billet rods HATE that when they see you getting their thunder.

Drive it and have fun and screw them other jerks !!!!!!!!!!! Then drive by and shoot them the finger and laugh.

I have been a Black sheep all my life, so to speak, I always wanted to do my own thing, that gets me into a ton of trouble now and then, but it is FUN.. :) I don't waste my time screwing with them at all, just go my own way and smile :) I only try and please the person I sleep with, and my T Bucket...

Ted Brown said:
I have been a Black sheep all my life, so to speak, I always wanted to do my own thing, that gets me into a ton of trouble now and then, but it is FUN.. :) I don't waste my time screwing with them at all, just go my own way and smile :) I only try and please the person I sleep with, and my T Bucket...
I thought they were the SAME thing Ted.:):)

Bucket drivers are a different breed. We like the wind in our face and building a truly unique car. If you want to take it to a true one car show talk to the teachers at your school and have your own private show with an autoshop class show the kids some special thing you added. Believe Me the kids will really appreciate the car.We need to keep the youth involved. Because pretty soon they are going to be making laws that could ban these kind of cars from the road. Look how much harder it has become to get a title.

One thing Ive learned:

The fun of any hot rodding event is inversely related to the number of cars that arrive on trailers. More trailer cars = less fun being had by the participants.

and

One thing Ive observed:

That when the main part of a hot rodding event is power parking and sitting on your deck chair beside your car, that you may well have lost the point of hot rodding

Just an observation from the bottom end of the world:eek:

Just ride and enjoy. Nothing like the looks you get from people that wish they could do what we do.

What I love to do is stop and talk with people on the streets, and at times if I am alone, I will give rides, this really gets their attention, and they are all smiles when we get back, even if it is only a few QUICK blocks.. hehe I really love driving where no other Hot Rods will go, as the T Buckets are liked by everybody, even the Bad guys.. They love the rides :) Remember this, if someone ever bad mouths your ride, they are more than likely jealous, so go about your business and be Happy, as it really is a compliment... as the only way a person can get a T Bucket, is to hand build one, the whole thing!! that is why it is sooooo much easier to trick out a stock car of whatever year turns you on...

This is what I love...

251270718_l.jpg

even when there are no cars on the road, no kids waving, no dad in the Minivan Sport (a minivan with chrome rims and a Sport sticker) about to rear end the car in front of him because he's checking out my silly little hotrod, no kids walking down the street pointing, no Mustang owner that thinks his bought vehicle can keep pace with me and my hotrod that weighs half of his, no pretty ladies in convertibles, no school bus full of kids all pasted to the windows...

it's nothing but GRIN from ear to ear.

My therapy.

My time to myself behind the wheel of MY automobile.

It's my car and I could care less if a parking lot full of people (that spend more time poishing than driving their cars) don't like me too much. They're entitled to their opinion even if it is WRONG LOL.

Seriously though, I can understand attending some car shows but the thought of plopping down some dollars and sitting while people look at my car really isn't why I have a T Bucket.

I'd rather put those dollars in the gas tank and hit the road... alone or not, I KNOW I'm going to have more fun than the law should allow.

YEEEEEE HAW!

3405306458_cbe424947d_o.jpg

Do your own groove. How do you not love it?

[ame=[media=youtube]TcoWetTzjVc[/media] - Cruisin' Memorial Day Weekend: Part3[/ame]

Talk about freedom of the open road. I used to get up early Sunday morning, crab a cup of coffee in my sippy, wipe the T down and head for the south west corner of the state. Just got on the road and went were it took me. Something about just cruisin along and letting the wind clear my head. Usually got home around noon, with a big smile on my face. I'm really looking forward to the day when i can do that again. This time there's no misses at home, maybe I won't be back till Monday or ?

Ron

Youngster said:
Talk about freedom of the open road. I used to get up early Sunday morning, crab a cup of coffee in my sippy, wipe the T down and head for the south west corner of the state. Just got on the road and went were it took me. Something about just cruisin along and letting the wind clear my head. Usually got home around noon, with a big smile on my face. I'm really looking forward to the day when i can do that again. This time there's no misses at home, maybe I won't be back till Monday or ?

Ron

You said it all.

I know one thing,you guys are the coolest! I went out later that night to get something ,and a kid at the store saw me pull up and said"where did you learn to build cars like that"I said it all started in high school i took auto shop class and thats how i learned to work and build cars.and to this day i work for chrysler as a tech,he smiled ,and i said stay in school and take shop classes . he said its good to see cars like mine around here.the day with a$$holes at the car show was soon forgotten.thanks brothers for keeping me in line.!JJ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back