Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Input needed on Bucket Project 4sale

FOX FABRICATION

Well....slowly getting closer to start to seriously think about the winter bucket project. Slowly wrapping up my Fordor Hotrod (see attached pics) and want to start compiling some components for the bucket.

Yesterday I was speaking with a friend who says he knows a friend who knows someone (in other words, a friend of a friends friend!) who had started a bucket project many years ago and has just been sitting in the corner of his garage acting as a storage shelf!

I called this fellow last night and we talked about an hour....He ended up getting a divorce few years back, wife took everything...blah, blah, blah....just lost interest in the bucket project...same ol' story we hear!!! LOL!

Anyway...he was planning on building a bucket to look more like an RPU. No fancy chrome, just a good reliable hotrod....here is what he is selling:

Rolling chassis.
Frame is 1.5x3" x .250" wall..rails not tapered. 3" front cross tube. 12" rear kick.

Aluminum 5 star wheels..( 15x8 rear, 15x4 front with new BFG T/A's)

No Engine or tranny (set-up for 350/350).

Complete front suspension (no chrome, just painted..but all new components 5-6 years ago.) He says it has GM Midsize front disc brakes.

S10 rear, rear suspension is a 4 link w/plain jane coilovers.

Body is a Speedway withan onther companies 30" bed (he did not recall where he got the 30" bed from). Body is channeled over frame 3", laminated pine has been added to siffen up interior, .750" plywood floor and firewall already grafted into body. Firewall cut for bellhousing clearance.

Body mounts on chassis.

Fiberglass "T" shell mounted with radiator (I think he said it was a 65 Mustang one),

Spun aluminum tank mounted in bed for fuel (aprox 15 gallons), battery mount in bed.

Master cylinder and mount already installed on frame, (not sure if pedal is there)

Dash has gauges (Speedo, tach, oil pres, h20 temp, volts) Not sure if they are a name brand or not.

New BLACK PAINTED plain Jane bucket headers and mufflers

New wiring harness

Speedway headlights on speedway mounts.

Guess that was about everything he said it had, He is asking $4500...sounds like all it needs is some plumbing (fuel and brakes), engine & tranny, Windshield, interior, Wire it up (harness included) and squirt some color on it...

Just looking for some advice on the asking price..DEAL or NO DEAL?

Thanks in advace for your input!!

Here are a couple pics of my current project. about 75% done!

I'd say, go for it. By the looks of you Fordor, you know how to finish a car properly.

Jim

FOX FABRICATION said:
Well....slowly getting closer to start to seriously think about the winter bucket project. Slowly wrapping up my Fordor Hotrod (see attached pics) and want to start compiling some components for the bucket.

Yesterday I was speaking with a friend who says he knows a friend who knows someone (in other words, a friend of a friends friend!) who had started a bucket project many years ago and has just been sitting in the corner of his garage acting as a storage shelf!

I called this fellow last night and we talked about an hour....He ended up getting a divorce few years back, wife took everything...blah, blah, blah....just lost interest in the bucket project...same ol' story we hear!!! LOL!

Anyway...he was planning on building a bucket to look more like an RPU. No fancy chrome, just a good reliable hotrod....here is what he is selling:

Rolling chassis.
Frame is 1.5x3" x .250" wall..rails not tapered. 3" front cross tube. 12" rear kick.

Aluminum 5 star wheels..( 15x8 rear, 15x4 front with new BFG T/A's)

No Engine or tranny (set-up for 350/350).

Complete front suspension (no chrome, just painted..but all new components 5-6 years ago.) He says it has GM Midsize front disc brakes.

S10 rear, rear suspension is a 4 link w/plain jane coilovers.

Body is a Speedway withan onther companies 30" bed (he did not recall where he got the 30" bed from). Body is channeled over frame 3", laminated pine has been added to siffen up interior, .750" plywood floor and firewall already grafted into body. Firewall cut for bellhousing clearance.

Body mounts on chassis.

Fiberglass "T" shell mounted with radiator (I think he said it was a 65 Mustang one),

Spun aluminum tank mounted in bed for fuel (aprox 15 gallons), battery mount in bed.

Master cylinder and mount already installed on frame, (not sure if pedal is there)

Dash has gauges (Speedo, tach, oil pres, h20 temp, volts) Not sure if they are a name brand or not.

New BLACK PAINTED plain Jane bucket headers and mufflers

New wiring harness

Speedway headlights on speedway mounts.

Guess that was about everything he said it had, He is asking $4500...sounds like all it needs is some plumbing (fuel and brakes), engine & tranny, Windshield, interior, Wire it up (harness included) and squirt some color on it...

Just looking for some advice on the asking price..DEAL or NO DEAL?

Thanks in advace for your input!!

Here are a couple pics of my current project. about 75% done!

You got more than that in parts. Offer him $4g cash and see where he goes. It's a deal.

So did ya buy it yet? :ciao:

Buy it if all else fails you could part it out and get your money back easy.

Heading over there in the morning with $3500 in one pocket and $500 in another pocket and just in case...another $500 in the wallet!

Will let you know!!!

Good luck, I hope you get it. Baring any surprises it sounds like a great deal

Sounds like a good deal. Most of the big ticket items are there and it would make the beginnings of a nice little roadster.

That's a bitchin' sedan. Isn't that the one you painted in Rustoleum?

Took a look at it today........not impressed at all...mostly due to it sat outside for the past 5 years UNCOVERED and was only recently moved into the garage!! Tires dry rotted, frame was never painted---severe serface rust, body all moldy, wheels so oxidized they look white insteat of aluminum, just wouldn't even touch it for $1000!!!

So needless to say,,,this will not be "MY" project...looks as if I'll just start from scratch and do it my way!

LarryH said:
That's a bitchin' sedan. Isn't that the one you painted in Rustoleum?

Yes, I shot my Fordor in a combination of Gloss Sunrise red and FLAT black. Mixed the two together to get a deeeeeeep Burgundy color. Sprayed it with my old siphon feed Binks Gun. Finish came out to a semi-gloss luster...just the look I was after...gives me the look of a car that was painted in the 60's and is now faded. I left the dings and such in the body as well....just wanted it to have the look of an older body without the rusty rat rod look. Total cost of painting the car was around $30.00 (paint, thinner, hardener).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back