Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interior Panels

engine24355

I am re-designing and fabricating a new interior for my 23T. I have all the materials I need except for one thing. I need a material for the interior panels that will go around the inside perimeter of the body. In other words, from the one kick panel all the way around to the other side kick panel. I need something flexible yet rigid enough to keep the vinyl tight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You could go with the standard door-board it's an 1/8"cardboard it's the industry standard.BUT i went with 1/8 luan plywood and where the curvs are i made curf cuts till i could bend the panel into shape then i installed it temp.with drywall screws then fiber glassed over it to retain the shape then covered the panels with pleated naugahyde.Also if pleating the panels use pleating foam.It has fabric glued to one side.Hope this helps

Rick said:
You could go with the standard door-board it's an 1/8"cardboard it's the industry standard.BUT i went with 1/8 luan plywood and where the curvs are i made curf cuts till i could bend the panel into shape then i installed it temp.with drywall screws then fiber glassed over it to retain the shape then covered the panels with pleated naugahyde.Also if pleating the panels use pleating foam.It has fabric glued to one side.Hope this helps

Thanks for the information.

Wow, I answered a post like this on the Total bulletinboard. I guess you are the same person. How ya doing!?

Here is the link to EZBoy interiors. Get their catalog, it has a BUNCH of good stuff that will work in a bucket.

http://www.rodinteriors.com/panel-boards-accessories

Nice post Rick, maybe you should be a instructor or maybe you can hold off until you help me with mine.:lol::lol::lol: Talk to you this weekend sometime.

thomas

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back