Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Intro and questions

50Flathead

howdy from New Mexico! Looks like a great site you have here.

Like Dragfink below, I saw a post from tfeverfred on the HAMB and thought I'd check you out.

Right now I'm working on getting my 50 Ford back on the road, but I'm already eyeing my next project. I've liked t-buckets for many years, just never had the space or ability to have a car I can't drive everyday, until now. I've seen some of the pics of your cars, and I'm excited to find that next project.

As part of building this fordor, I've got another fordor parts car. Fortunately, all of the running gear, brakes, steering and driveline are in fantastic condition on that car. The 8ba flathead has even been rebuilt.

If I can't find an original henry steel project to work on, I'm thinking of getting a total performance package with no running gear, and putting everything from my 50 onto it.

Has anyone here done a project with a single "donor" vehicle like that before?

Any thoughts? will it be worth it, or am I better off just using the motor and replacing everything else?

Welcome 50flathead,

It seem's Fred is all over the place. It's a wonder he has time to work on his ride. To be young and full of viger once again. I get home from work and need to take a two hour nap before I can do anything.:)

thomas:)

Welcome 50flathead, building a bucket with all the running gear out of your old '50 will be a sweet project. Good luck with it and keep us updated.

Thanks for the welcome!

I guess I'm traditional at least in that I want to use what I've got. Not gonna be too concrned about using new parts, but there's no reason you can't make a classic looking bucket without scouring the country for old parts, is there? :lol:

Welcome aboard, 50flathead! That idea you have sounds fantastic! I think it would be great to have a T Bucket with older running gear. DO IT!:D

thomas said:
Welcome 50flathead,

It seem's Fred is all over the place. It's a wonder he has time to work on his ride. To be young and full of viger once again. I get home from work and need to take a two hour nap before I can do anything.:D

thomas:)

Young!? I'll be 49 in a couple months. I just look young. Must be the old cartoons I still watch.:lol:

Howdy from the TX Panhandle:D:D

Vance

Welcome to the forum. Man, I LOVE '50 Fords. Everybody has a "someday" list of cars they want to build, and here is a picture of the one I want to do.

Don

I have a 50 Ford sitting in the yard, one of " Get to it projects ". I am am planing to work on it someday :eek:

Building a rod this way is the most basic approches especially if you are interested in a nostalgic car. Steel '25 and earlier bodies are few but '26-7 bodies are still out there. Any ideas?

Ron

It would be great to see another bucket besides mine with a flathead instead of the Chevy installed in 99% of rods. Go for it and keep us advised of how you are progressing

Flat-T

Ain't nothin' as sweet as the sound of a flat head when you punch the ol' starter botton!!!!

This is an old post. Are you still out there? Have you started this project yet?

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back