Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jag rear end

OptimusPrime

In requards to Jag rearends which year is the best for a T set up? Im looking at an 81 xke and was wondering if that would work without to much trouble? Any help would be appreiceated.

If Snow and White are still in busniss contact them they helped me out and saved me a lot of money. I think what you need is a 3.8s sedan it will not need a spacer or any thing to fit.
Jim
P.S. They were in Fresno

Ted posted some info the other day on using a rubber mounted crosmember, We used the CCR plans and mounted it solid. the only problem was getting the upper shocks mounted . My son cut wood spacers, for alignment jigs but still had trouble. he said on the next one he will weld in the center mount, assemble it and have the shocks bolted to the bracket before tack welding it in.

oldtman said:
Ted posted some info the other day on using a rubber mounted crosmember, We used the CCR plans and mounted it solid. the only problem was getting the upper shocks mounted . My son cut wood spacers, for alignment jigs but still had trouble. he said on the next one he will weld in the center mount, assemble it and have the shocks bolted to the bracket before tack welding it in.
Well that CCR plan is old and not up to date, to do it totally correct, and make it MUCH quieter as well as easier on the rear end, the total crossmember is made as per the plan, but the whole crossmember is now mounted in rubber, so you have a framemain crossember in back of the Jag mount.. get that?? Snow did it right years ago... as for the shock/coil mounts, I do them inboard about 1 1/2 inch on each side, to lower things down and to create more leverage, to make the springs feel softer. Like I said, I now think I would use a air coil/shock unit in the front to keep the ride height correct with or without a passenger.. whuuueee too much writing for me.. hehe plus the memory SUCKS!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back