Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

jake's '27 by youngster

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
jake brought this '27 roadster body to me to fit on the '32 frame i sold him. i know it's not a T bucket but i thought you guys might like to see what can be done with a rusted, cut up body. jake wants to build a tradational hiboy with a '56

i didn't take pics of the body when it came in but it is made up of 4 different bodies as far as we have been able to tell sometime in the '50's or early '60's. it has NOT been treated kindly!

first was to trim up the body sub fram that had seen costom fitting by way of the ole fireaxe. that done we have about 60% of it left. before i could rebuild the sub frame i needed to replace the flat firewall with a stocker.

here's where i started;

jakes27001Small.jpg

old one removed;

jakes27003Small.jpg

new one welded in;

jakes27006Small.jpg

next was the wheel wells. we decided to give the new ones a little character with some beads rolled in them. the old ones where cut out and the new ones welded in.

jakes27004Small.jpg

jakes27007Small.jpg

next will be the tubing and hat channel subframe,cya bye.Ron

Nice progress Ron. What was he going to run for a motor?

jake has a '56 crysler that's been in his family since for quit some time. he hasn't decided on the trans yet as far as i know.was a real head scratcher till i got all the "modified" stuff removed. seems pretty straight forward from here ... just replace what i took out.

Ron

Great work! Like putting together a puzzle. Looking good, man.:sorry:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back