Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Library article authors corrected

Mike

OK, I have gone through and edited all the Library articles, getting the correct author listed on each.

When I promoted all those from forum topics to articles, my name was incorrectly shown as the author of each article. And that wasn't right at all. It was just a matter of me learning how to edit the author's username.

If any of you have yet to visit the new Technical Library, be sure to take a few minutes to look it over. I think we're finally headed in the right direction for a place to compile technical information.

OK, I have gone through and edited all the Library articles, getting the correct author listed on each.

When I promoted all those from forum topics to articles, my name was incorrectly shown as the author of each article. And that wasn't right at all. It was just a matter of me learning how to edit the author's username.

If any of you have yet to visit the new Technical Library, be sure to take a few minutes to look it over. I think we're finally headed in the right direction for a place to compile technical information.

Mike
I have no problem with the author being X Y or Z so long as the info gets out there.
I dropped a line through Issues about the new article set up, which I cant use. Did you see it?
Gerry

There should be a reply in the Tracker.

I may have found a way around it, however. If we can coordinate the timing, I think you can post it to the forum using attachments and then I can promote it to an article and that might carry the attachments over. Maybe. We just need to coordinate the effort, so I can open a forum for you to post to, keep others from replying to the topic/s and then close it down again so I can promote the topic/s to articles. That way, if anyone comments, the comments will be in the Library with the article, rather than being out here on the open forum. A bit of a PITA, but workable.

There should be a reply in the Tracker.

I may have found a way around it, however. If we can coordinate the timing, I think you can post it to the forum using attachments and then I can promote it to an article and that might carry the attachments over. Maybe. We just need to coordinate the effort, so I can open a forum for you to post to, keep others from replying to the topic/s and then close it down again so I can promote the topic/s to articles. That way, if anyone comments, the comments will be in the Library with the article, rather than being out here on the open forum. A bit of a PITA, but workable.

Mike
Thats what I was thinking but I did NOT want to add to your work. It seems you have enough to do without an old fart like me giving you other things to do. I want to try putting a powerpoint presentation up on the dash item so I will post it as normal and see what you think.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back