Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Lokar shifters

Here's a picture of the trans mounted Lokar shifter I used (12"). I hadn't finished installing the boot when I took the picture. It a firm solid shifter that remains in the position I place it in.

IMG_2763.jpg

I have a gennie in 1 and a lokar in the other, both 26 inch. both are trans mounted the lokar has a positive lock out which is good as if you bump the shifter it won't jump gears but is pain lo go into lower gears. the genie is easy to shift but has no lock outs and if bumped will jump into another gear when you least expect it to. 6 of one 6 of another.

On my Lokar shifter if you are in drive and want to shift down to 2nd. I just pull it back then if I want 1st I have to press the button and shift down. Neutral safety switch works to not allow engine to start in gear only in neutral and park. The trick to make it work right is adjusting the gates and safety switch position. Straight out of the box with no adjustments and it will work like poopoo.

I have the short Lokar shifter in my "T" that mounts to the trans along with the E-Brake handle and it works out just fine,most of the time. The handle is a little short and trying to up shift sometimes you can skip a gear, but overall I like the way it works. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back