Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Looking for a home forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and all that respondedThat speaks volumes when the site owner will take the time to welcome a new member, I do belong to a number of forums and most cover my areas of interest as a small sub group. This forum and the other one are the only 2 truly active forums that specializes in the bucket T. First off, I want to apologize for not responding earlier but I did a bone headed thing when I left my LF's home and drove home. I forgot the password I used here. I know the system is set up to help with an email but that was bone head number 2 on my part cause I used her email address. This did give me a chance to dive through the history of posts here and that helps me a lot for knowing the flavor of this forum. For all that I read I see a great forum with a great group. My only concern is spending time getting to know the people here and their cars and finding I upset someone and have been shown the door. Two people out of the 2500 members is good odds I won't have problems but to be on the safe side I kept reading all the older posts. I found 3 that were booted in less than 12 months leg show T, der spieler, and deckofficer. Only 3 is still a good showing of restraint until I figured out that of the 2500 members only about 50 are active. Now those odds are not as good. One small item that does not bother me in the least but I am curious is this, of all the forums I do participate in none asks for any financial help from the membership. Is this just a matter of advertising revenue to the site? The other bucket site has made 3 promises to its membership*** No donations***No members booted***Post any size pictures***. To keep my options open if the new site folds up shop and disappears, I'll try and be an active member at both sites but do feel more comfortable posting a lot on the other site. Thanks again for all the replies Rod

Hello and welcome effectsman,
I've noticed that with an introduction as you posted you get alot more responce. Makes it easier to relate to someone....I wish more would do the same......ruggs

Hello effectsman, The one thing that this life has taught me, is try not to burn bridges behind you. Keep your wisdom intact, your eyes wide open, and try to see the good in everything. We can't take words back. There are a lot of things I would have changed with words in my life, that's for sure. People have feelings. I, for one, hope you come back.

Rod, please don't over think this. Jump into the mix and start participating. This is not a marriage or an exclusive club. There are no stalkers (that I know of) and again everybody's here to help and to enjoy. And truth be known, if all the people that left here were to meet at a gathering with people that are still here and really talked things out, well they probably would have still left, but the real thing is that in general, all are nice people. Just a difference of opinion. The world's not perfect, why should we be perfect?
So break something or bring up a question or make an observation.

John

To keep my options open if the new site folds up shop and disappears, I'll try and be an active member at both sites but do feel more comfortable posting a lot on the other site. Thanks again for all the replies Rod
Whatever trips thy trigger. We make a practice of not forcing anyone to come here and not holding anyone hostage. From the general tone of your posts, I tend to agree with you, you just might enjoy the other site more. So much so, I feel confident in saying you've more than made up your own mind on the decision. The fact that you have told outright lies in your post and tried to obfuscate the truth with your fabrications is evidence enough for me.

Blue skies and safe roads to you.

When it walks like a duck, when it swims like a duck and when it quacks like a duck...

fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back