Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Looking for Total Performance parts

skullman

I used to have a T-Bucket and was active on the forum then I sold it. Now I have a buddy who just bought a Total Performance bucket and is in need of a couple of parts. However the sources I had for these parts either seemed to have dried up or these are strange parts. Any help would be appreciated. First is the rubber seal the goes between the TP gas tank and the gas filler neck. Second are rotors for the spindle mount brakes. Wheels are 16" wires. My rotors were flat and could be purchased from Wintec, but the ones on this bucket look similar but are dished in the center. Third in the front brakes. They are also different so don't know where to go for pads and/or parts. They mount toward the rear of the spindle toward the back of the car instead of toward the top of the spindle. They have what looks like an MP engraved on the body. Any help in identifying the parts and sources for parts would be appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply. I took a quick glance at those sites and I don't see the rotors he has. I'll take a picture later today and post.

Here are some photos. The first photo shows the caliper up close, the second photos shows the entire wheel and the third shows a closeup of the rotor. If you look at the yellow straight-edge you can see how much the rotor is dished from the bolt on area to the braking area. Anybody know whose kit this is and hopefully a source to find parts. The fourth photo shows the Total Performance gas tank to filler neck seal that we need. Any help would be appreciated.

caliper.jpg brake.jpg rotor_dish.jpg tank gasket.jpg

Those rotors appear to be some type of motorcycle part. The calipers may be, also. There is a company called Master Power Brakes or something similar. Could be the "MP" on the caliper.

If they are motorcycle parts, they may be Harley aftermarket, since they would have been readily available when the kit was new.

I just did a quick search and found a motorcycle company called "Performance Machine". That might be the source.

http://www.performancemachine.com/

Just a few thoughts.

Those rotors appear to be some type of motorcycle part. The calipers may be, also. There is a company called Master Power Brakes or something similar. Could be the "MP" on the caliper.

If they are motorcycle parts, they may be Harley aftermarket, since they would have been readily available when the kit was new.

I just did a quick search and found a motorcycle company called "Performance Machine". That might be the source.

http://www.performancemachine.com/

Just a few thoughts.

Hotrod46 got it right. That is the Performance Machine logo on that caliber. If you don't find the rotor you are looking for you might just need to make it.

George

Thanks for the info guys. We will check them out. Ron you have a similar gas tank. Do you use a seal similar to the Total Performance one to seal between the tank and filler?

It looks like the seal from a boat tank that used a similar push in filler neck.

Those rotors were probably carbon steel and stamped to get the offset. If you can't find a new set you could get the blank laser cut and offset with an aluminum spacer. That basically what Wilwood and others do. Good Luck.

George

I would send pic of the brake pads to Performance Machine, and let them match their pads. Those are fairly old and not shown in their current pictures.
The disk looks to be Harley, but need to see the bolt pattern to be sure. Look like an after market Harley, not factory.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back