Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Looking for whole new harness

That harness that you pictured is labeled just like a Ron Franses harness There is a fuse panel somewhere
I thought the same thing. Whoever installed it just left the wires long rather than Taylor ing them to fit. I presume there is a fuse block as well. Follow the wires, you’ll find it.

I am just going to scrap the whole existing harness and install a new one. A friend already has wired another local bucket and it came out really nice. He is also going to do a few other minor "touch up" items to get the car into shape. I dropped it off yesterday and we leave for a week on Wednesday . . . he says the car will be done when we get back. Once I had the car up on the lift I found a few concerning items, like the brake lines that had junctions about every 2 feet (it was like all they had were 24" pieces of brake line rather than one long line.

Here is the list of things we are going to be doing this week

1. Replace existing wiring harness and add fuse panel

2. Install power port under seat face or in dash (maybe both?)

3. Trim 2” off bottom of dash and repolish

4. Remove extra lights on rear of car and put LED fixtures inside existing lights on back

5. Install custom box under drivers seat for MSD box and fuse panel, with hinged lid

6. Install box for Odyssey PC680 battery under passenger seat, with hinged lid

7. Fix stress cracks in welds on frame

8. Replace missing zerk fittings and grease whole chassis

9. Replace all brake lines

10.Rubber mount under fuel pump

11.New chrome 1 wire alternator – Jason to source

12.Electric fan and shroud on radiator

13.Space fuel cell back away from body and install rubber strip if there is room

14.Reinforce step on passenger side if possible

15.Examine chassis to determine feasibility of new steering box with tilt column

16.Secure gas pedal

17.Change oil

Boy that freind is gona be real busy this week...............That is a bunch of work but it should be good to go after all that............

Just curious, Bill. Item 7, "fix stress cracks in welds on frame" - where specifically are you seeing cracks?

Exactly what I was thinking....
How many miles dos this car have on it from building??? Just asking

Just curious, Bill. Item 7, "fix stress cracks in welds on frame" - where specifically are you seeing cracks?

Sorry for my delay in replying. We were out of town over the weekend. The mounts for the front suspension arms (these are tabs welded to the frame under the body with the long arms extending up to the front. The cracks are very small but my fabricator wants to grind the paint off and check the welds to see if he is correct in assuming the cracks are in the welds and not just in the paint. If the welds are cracked he will take the necessary steps to remove and reweld the mounts on the frame. I will be stopping by his shop tomorrow to check progress and see what he has found.

Exactly what I was thinking....
How many miles dos this car have on it from building??? Just asking

The odometer shows just over 5,400 miles. I can not state if this is accurate or not as I just acquired the car. He is going to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and make sure all is good before we take it back out on the road.
Boy that freind is gona be real busy this week...............That is a bunch of work but it should be good to go after all that............

Yes, once the carpet came up he found a ton of holes in the floor. He is going to remove the body, remove the old floor and glass in a new one with just the minimum holes required for shifter, steering, etc. This is part of the adventure in buying someone's project. You find things that need fixing, but I am okay with that. It will all be in top shape when we get it back out on the road! Looking forward to it with all the good driving weather coming up.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back