Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Loud exhuast

Your welcome!

I just replaced my side pipes with Sanderson Zoomies and I love them. I inserted baffles from Car Chemistry and they work great. They aren't any louder than the side pipes, but have a better sound.

I just replaced my side pipes with Sanderson Zoomies and I love them.

Yes Ron, zoomies are way cool! Unfortunately my budget won't allow for those. I made do with a pair of used Sandersons ($100), discarded the long extensions (to relieve stress on the flange welds) and installed the short Speedway insert mufflers in the collectors with shortie turnouts, polished and plated by a friend in the St Louis chapter. To me they sound good. :)

T-Bucket12a.jpg

Macallan Tom,- Ha! Class act! Don't get me wrong when I step on it it is loud - really loud - especially as I have Weiand 6-71 sitting on top, but under normal driving conditions with the Car Chemistry baffles I don't feel they are any louder than the side pipes I had. When I am cruising 30-40 mph they are actually pretty quiet. Again, with the blower on top I don't have to step too hard on the gas when cruising.

When I do step on it hard, I might as well have open pipes.

I will post something as soon as I learn how to do it.

I have to ask has anyone got a ticket , when i was young had a 63 Vette back in CT side pipes made by Chevy but i was always getting tickets , then had to go get it inspected , so i had to buy the manufactures exhaust put that on the car get it inspected then put the side pipes back on ,

No tickets yet. Just thumbs-up from local cops. Mine is pretty loud with short turnouts containing Speedway 7" inserts. (Of course I'm careful not to do full throttle take offs where police may be present!)

Paint rear b.jpg Kickouts.jpg Inserts.jpg

Well, I think this belongs on another thread, but . . . I would use a 180 degree thermostat - that's what I'm using in St Louis where our summertime temps can reach 100 degrees F.

Reactions: Guy
Or open headers, would be my choice if I was the only one that had to listen ! hehehe !!!

Had to order a new radiator, the old one just looks terrible and if I take to a shop to freshen up talking $200-250 . I am not sure if I will need a fan stroud , things are coming together little by little, I primed 17 parts yesterday with epoxy primer I have never used it before and was very surprised . Parts haven't come back from power coated yet thanks for the information on the thermostat.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back