Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Making me crazy

Winder

Hello all. I have finally decided to join a forum to talk with guys who know what's what! I am so wanting to surprise my husband for his birthday in January. We bought our first T-bucket this summer. The gentlemen told us it was a '27 but nothing seems to just "fit" when purchasing '27 items. The radiator was a huge fiasco, but eventually found one that we modified to fit. I want to surprise him with a new windshield frame but cannot seem to find anything that looks like what we have now with the same measurements. It seems to me that the bucket was probably a home made trial and error. The windshield is split design, but perfectly square? We know that they had cut the windshield's frame to make 2 pieces because when we take the top half off, its not a professional or smooth looking cut to the metal. Nothing I have seen anywhere is perfectly square. Rounded tops, curved bottoms, etc. Our bracket is square shaped metal. The frame's side posts go right into the fiberglass firewall. No traditional posts like I've seen others have. The bottom edge lays pefectly straight on the body/firewall. Most I have seen for '27 appear to be curved. Thus my dilemma. I have measured and the space between the frame (width) it measures 35 1/8". Outer frame, edge to edge measures 36 1/4" as does the top edge of the firewall. The only windshield frame I found that measures 35 1/8" is rounded bottom. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is it normal for parts, accessories, etc.... to have to be "resized" "cut" "modified" etc with everything you want to do? We wanted to do a top in the future and new seat and upholstery. I can only imagine what kind of headache that will be. Just a little discouraged but looking forward to hearing from anyone who has been there and has any ideas. Thank you.

I sugest pictures! There are a lot of smart people here, but they function best with pictures to go with the discriptions.:)

I sugest pictures! There are a lot of smart people here, but they function best with pictures to go with the discriptions.:)
I agree please post a picture.

PM sent check you messages........

Winder, sounds as if you might have some odd parts. That makes things a bit tougher to sort out. If you look under Suppliers and Manufactures - CCR- Windshield Material, this will show you a few shots of the windshield and material. We can make any width frame with square or round corners. If you could send photos we can help you out.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back