Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Man I love this blower!!!

So much for the "still some tread left" Hoosiers LOL.

When they hook, does it SKOOT?

T-Odd said:
So much for the "still some tread left" Hoosiers LOL.

When they hook, does it SKOOT?

It scoots while it's smoking. That's why I don't have a posi. I can be rolling along at 30-40 MPH, mash on it, and the right tire spins. Doesn't smoke, but it slips. Posi would be all over the place. I've had several rods over the years, once you get blown, nothing else feels the same.

bucketkids said:
Where did you connect the transmision modulator vacuum :cool:?

I'm running a 700R4, no vacuum line, but you have to pay extra attention to the setting of the TV cable.

Ted Brown said:
Yes they are impressive, but also very thirsty, from every angle, and don't be smokin those tires, a 6 banger can beat you then.. hehe :win:

Not really interested in racing anyone, but it sure gets your pulse pumping when a mustang pulls up to you at the light, revs his motor up, and you blip the throttle and break the hoosiers over with no problem, and they back off. Plus, with the 2.53 gear, less than about1/2 throttle is hauling butt with only the slightest slip of tires.

I pulled my body off the other day to notch it and move it back a couple inches. Thats when I seen the modulator valve on the tranny and thought to myself, self, where do you get manifold vacuum with 5#s of presure? it's a 4-71 on a 350 with a 750 double pumper. Hasn't ran yet. :cool: Oh, blower came on engine and it's gonna be my first so I don't know computers or blowers. But I know blown is good!

Post some pictures i have a headache looking at your avatar.

Ted Brown said:
Yes they are impressive, but also very thirsty, from every angle, and don't be smokin those tires, a 6 banger can beat you then.. hehe :rolleyes:

very thirsty, 15gal tank and 31 total miles. Also you can not help but spin just at idle I would have my foot on the brake and the blower serge would spin them. At 50 mph you just tap the peddle and speedo goes to 90+ and tires spin, not much for a daily driver but let me tell you I don't care what show you go to weather it is a Rat Rod show or a all billet show car show It would turn heads no matter what that was the fun part just talking to people and firing it up about every hour.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back