Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Measurements and Quality

ruggs

Just a quick post for a thankyou to Jim at Wintec. I do alot of parts shopping, the thing that impressed me about his motor mounts is that he actually put demensions in his ad. When bolted to the block they were suposed to be at 19 inch centers and they actualy were. Great product, perfect tig welds and the fit. He must have had them on the shelf for years cause their were these funny looking stickers on the package that read " MADE IN USA " whats up with that? haven't seen that in a while..........ruggs
05-02-10_2007.jpg

nice a real motor mount no hockey puck

Just a quick post for a thankyou to Jim at Wintec. I do alot of parts shopping, the thing that impressed me about his motor mounts is that he actually put demensions in his ad. When bolted to the block they were suposed to be at 19 inch centers and they actualy were. Great product, perfect tig welds and the fit. He must have had them on the shelf for years cause their were these funny looking stickers on the package that read " MADE IN USA " whats up with that? haven't seen that in a while..........ruggs
05-02-10_2007.jpg
is that mount for a chevy, or ford?

They probably get those from chassis engineering. Looks like their design. Most places do.

Those biscuits can be bought at any old ford parts emporium. They are the motor mounts as found on Ford cars from the late '30's till '48 and pickups up til '53.

Ron

Those biscuits can be bought at any old ford parts emporium. They are the motor mounts as found on Ford cars from the late '30's till '48 and pickups up til '53.

Ron
Ron,
It is actually the engine mount that I was refering to, not the rubber mount.....ruggs

What do you have against hockey pucks? I think the hockey pucks make a MUCH better motor mount then the rubber bisquits. The original rubber mounts I had desinergrated in about 4 years. I have had these hockey pucks in there ALOT longer and no problems at all. I am all for hockey pucks replacing the regulat rubber bisquits.

A couple of thoughts......

The rubber biscuits, support washers and bolts are from Balkamp sold through NAPA. These are the type originally sold with Hurst motor mounts. One of the most common appications was a front mount Chevy motor into an early Ford frame.

I'm a fan of Chassis Engineering. I advocate the use of their forged axles and spindles. They offer forged spindles made to accept Chevy rotors without the need for bearing adaptors.

Take a look at their web site for more items.

This is not a paid endorsement....... I need a better agant.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back