Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Moltrie Swap Meet

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Just got home from the Moltrie Ga swap meet. My rear is dragging. Momma and I got there about 2 PM CST and started working the aisles. I almost bit on a 3 X 2 set up for a Ford 312 Y block, asking $450.00. Looked at some new shackles and bushings for the T, but prices were not that good. Temp was probably mid 40's, wind about 10 to 15, airsock straight out on the airfield. There was no way to plan this good. Rained Friday, Very cold and windy today and heard several venders saying they were packing it up.
One comment was, if Friday had been a good day they would have been gone by now. About 4:30 venders were either covering up or packing up. No ones fault, unless Al Gore has been using that giant brain of his again. I did get some polishing wands to polish the Eastwood Ceramic for my headers.

Just got home from the Moltrie Ga swap meet. My rear is dragging. Momma and I got there about 2 PM CST and started working the aisles. I almost bit on a 3 X 2 set up for a Ford 312 Y block, asking $450.00. Looked at some new shackles and bushings for the T, but prices were not that good. Temp was probably mid 40's, wind about 10 to 15, airsock straight out on the airfield. There was no way to plan this good. Rained Friday, Very cold and windy today and heard several venders saying they were packing it up.
One comment was, if Friday had been a good day they would have been gone by now. About 4:30 venders were either covering up or packing up. No ones fault, unless Al Gore has been using that giant brain of his again. I did get some polishing wands to polish the Eastwood Ceramic for my headers.
railroad, I've been going there since they moved it to Spence Field. Moultry is always cold or raining, and most of the time it is both. Our club used to put on the car show there the first few years, and I'll never forget the year it was 15 degrees the day of the show and this old guy drove his open T over from Jacksonville. When he arrived, his long beard was nothing but ice-cicles. Even though I thought he was crazy, I respected that he drove his bucket everywhere.

I'll bet you have seen a lot of good and bad happen there. I really enjoy digging though old stuff and haggling for a good price.
I spoke with a vendor from Virginia, who said it was like this most of the time. She said, this is South Georgia, why is it always so cold? Toboggins would have sold well yesterday. I am waiting on reports from some of the other attendees, after they thaw out, I guess.

Railroad i was at classic ford parts in okla city a few months ago and they had a Y block 3-2 manafold used on their shelf for 300.00 or 350.00 cant remember.

Railroad i was at classic ford parts in okla city a few months ago and they had a Y block 3-2 manafold used on their shelf for 300.00 or 350.00 cant remember.
This one had the carbs, no linkage, little domed filters, a little rough and I believe was an Edmunds.
I need to stay focused on the projects I have unless it is a really good price. I have a 312 engine my Dad
built when he was a mechanic at a Ford dealer. He put it in a 57 Ford pickup. It would run with the 65 and
66 Mustangs back then. It would make a good roadster engine, but I want a flatty next.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back