Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new web photo gallery

Satori

I just put together a quick and dirty web gallery of my project pics. I just threw it together in about 10 minutes to check out the gallery software. I still need to organize them chronologically, but I like this program.

Mike's photo gallery

That is really nice album showing your progress.Nice Rpm tank I have one also.

Cool album :lol:

Great! You have given me inspiration to take more pic's and understand which one are important. I also like the pics of the front brakes as I am putting mine together now and using this as direction. Cheers

Satori said:
I just put together a quick and dirty web gallery of my project pics. I just threw it together in about 10 minutes to check out the gallery software. I still need to organize them chronologically, but I like this program.

Mike's photo gallery
Mike, Just a thought for safety, When I was looking at your pics, the steering arms are the blind connection type (no lock nuts) so be sure to use bolts that are drilled to accept safety wire, as I have sadly seen waaay too many of those type come loose and had a bad outcome.. Just a thought ahead of time... Hope all turns out Great so you have a Wonderful trip... :lol:

Ted Brown said:
Mike, Just a thought for safety, When I was looking at your pics, the steering arms are the blind connection type (no lock nuts) so be sure to use bolts that are drilled to accept safety wire, as I have sadly seen waaay too many of those type come loose and had a bad outcome.. Just a thought ahead of time... Hope all turns out Great so you have a Wonderful trip... :)

Are you saying to drill a hole where this arrow is pointing and put a piece of wire through it?

turningradiusarrow.jpg

Love that photo gallery my friend. Have you decided the color of your car yet?

thomas:)

Looking Good! Good Documentation. Lots of parts to put together, eh? It is a kick in the butt, doing it tho.

mike,

what ted is refering to, is drilling a small hole across the head of the bolt that passes through your spindle and holds the steering arm on.. you drill the safety wire hole through then run a wire through it and also through the opposite bolt head then you route your wire through both holes in a manner that it will not allow the bolt to back off.. its called safety wireing.. they do it alot in dragracing, nascar, motorcycle racing.. it can be a pain in the rear, but its exactly what they call it... safety wiring..

basicly your using the wire to put a tightening force on the bolt all the time so it wont back off/out on you..

I'll see if i can dig up a picture off the net,,

BAM wonders of the modern world
http://www.whizwheels.com/Tips/safetywiring.html

Better yet here is a video [ame=[media=youtube]oOEbMsi-2QU[/media] - Jimmy's Garage - Learn to Safety Wire[/ame]

thomas said:
Love that photo gallery my friend. Have you decided the color of your car yet?

thomas:)

It'll be "Hot Rod Black". Kind of a satin black.

AZCOWBO said:
Looking Good! Good Documentation. Lots of parts to put together, eh? It is a kick in the butt, doing it tho.

I've certainly been enjoying it, as well as sharing the photos of my progress. It's been three weeks since I recieved my kit.

Brucer said:
you running your own server mike?

Not locally, but yeah.

That's a good video, thanks for posting it.

Mike's photo gallery

Mike
your project looks identical to mine, I started this last july. I was wondering if you have images of the final installed angel and size of the driveshaft. also did you have to adjust he rear bars to change the angle of the differential or you just left it parallel to the ground.

Any suggestions woud be appreciated
Fred

Attachments

• Drive angle.JPG
    Drive angle.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 37
Mike
your project looks identical to mine, I started this last july. I was wondering if you have images of the final installed angel and size of the driveshaft. also did you have to adjust he rear bars to change the angle of the differential or you just left it parallel to the ground.

Any suggestions woud be appreciated
Fred
Fred,
JMO, but you need the springs loaded to finalize your pinion angle. Or at least mocked up a final ride height front and rear. I'm sure Ted or Youngster can step in and fully exsplain...as I said, JMO. lookin good.......ruggs

Yes all your final adjustments to both ft. and rear axles will have to be done when completed, (drive-able) with driver and if you plan to take a rider most of the time with you, their weight also in the car seats, Gym lifting weights work well for this task... now the radius rod farthest away from the rotating center will be the one you change the length of for that final adjustment, ft. caster, rear pinion angle... Hope that was clear enough, if not someone with better word skills will chime in I am sure... :)

Are you saying to drill a hole where this arrow is pointing and put a piece of wire through it?

turningradiusarrow.jpg

Sorry if this is a dumb question. but wont the draglink hit the frame as your suspension bottoms out? I have those same steering arms but im putting them in the FRONT of my spindles. You have them on the back.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back