Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My rolling chassis.

tfeverfred

Last weekend I completed my rolling chassis. I am on a budget and had to do it piece by piece.

I am using all Totaal Performance hardware. Originally, I was going to use paint, but decided to go with powder coating instead.

The front rims are 18" Hallcrafts that I got used. I broke them down and had them powder coated black. I am using a Wilwood disc brake setup from Toatal.

The rearend is a '96 Chevy S-10 Sonoma. It measured very close to a Ford 8". I couldn't afford a Ford 8" and the housing that Total uses is from a '72 Ford maverick. Very hard to find axles, for me any way! I used suspension brackets from total as well as their Watts linkage. It required a little fabbing, but fit perfectly.

The rear tires are 235-60-15's.

Here's a pic. Sorry for the size. I'm still trying to get it right.:eek:

Here's a pic. Sorry for the size. I'm still trying to get it right.:eek:

Jeez! One more time!

LOL Okay, I think I got it.

I hope.

Can you post the URL for the image (the complete address where the images is stored)?

Yes, hold on.

23rolling_chassis0003.jpg

If you wrap the complete URL up in the

LOL Now NOTHING will post without permission?

The size might snarl the forum style a bit, but let's give it a go -

23rolling_chassis0004.jpg

Howzat? :D

Okay, but I was trying to get the pics larger for more detail. I'll just post the url and people can click on that till I get it to work the other way. Sorry, I'm not real comp literate.:eek:

Webmaster said:
The size might snarl the forum style a bit, but let's give it a go -

23rolling_chassis0004.jpg

Howzat? :D

That's what I wanted. I just need to experiment a little.

Why do I get logged off if I wait to long to post. I had a real good post, but I took my time and I got logged off.

When you are entering a post, look right above the text entry window and you will see an image that looks like this -

insertimage.gif

When you click on that image, it will open up another entry window, where you can paste in the address of your images. Then click on OK and you will see your image appear.

800 pixels is wider than we commonly use, but it didn't wipe out the styling at all. Typically, we try to size forum pictures to be 640 pixels X 480 pixels.

tfeverfred said:
That's what I wanted. I just need to experiment a little.
You will be surprised at how easy the forum software will make most things.

Why do I get logged off if I wait to long to post. I had a real good post, but I took my time and I got logged off.
There is a time-out feature that will end a session automatically, if the forum does not see any activity. I just added 5 more minutes to the total, so perhaps that will help.

When you are entering a long post, keep going below the text entry window and clicking on Preview Post. That will reset the activity timer. If you try to preview and see you've been logged out, just re-enter your username and password and you'll get right back to where you were.

Okay, thanks for the extra time and the tip. Let me try and post a pic now.
23rolling_chassis0007.jpg

OKAY! I guess I got it! Thanks for your patience.

Are there plans to have a journal/photo page for us to post images?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back