Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need a favor (boat picture)

jbisme

If you have a outboard motor boat, I need a picture of the back (stern?) for something I'm planning to do. It doesn't matter what size, but it needs to be strait on and not off to one side.

Something like this, but with a motor.:D

506375954_24b121f1d41.jpg

Come on now, somebody on this board owns a boat other than the one I cut up.:sad:

If this had been posted yesterday or this morning before noon, I could have taken a picture of my bass boat today. It is 90 miles from here and with my knee replacement surgeries this coming Wednesday, it will be a few weeks before I make it back to where it is. Wish I could have helped.
Ron A.

Ron A (40ford), good luck with those knee replacements. Hopefully your doctor is a competent one and those knees will be bending better than new.

Thank you Ron (RPM). I'm needing a picture as close to strait on as you can get it and not from the side. People on this board have talked me into hanging an "outboard motor" off the back of the car. It is going to be a fake fiberglass one as it will be hanging off of what will be my door. I want to make sure the proportions are right so I need a picture I can pull measurements from. Any boat, any motor will do.

jbisme said:
Ron A (40ford), good luck with those knee replacements. Hopefully your doctor is a competent one and those knees will be bending better than new.

Thank you Ron (RPM). I'm needing a picture as close to strait on as you can get it and not from the side. People on this board have talked me into hanging an "outboard motor" off the back of the car. It is going to be a fake fiberglass one as it will be hanging off of what will be my door. I want to make sure the proportions are right so I need a picture I can pull measurements from. Any boat, any motor will do.

Make sure the prop is mounted on a bearing, so it spins in the wind.

Putz, the top picture should help. Part of what I'm trying to figure out, is how low the prop needs to hang in order to be visually pleasing. I'm still in the sketching and measuring stage of this part of the project.

RPM, did you get any good pictures? The flaming chicken heads should be in sometime today. They may end up located on the sides of this "boat motor."

Humidi-T and HAce-T, either a bearing and a real prop or one of those receiver hitch plugs that looks like a boat prop. I'm leaning towards the receiver hitch, because I could still use this truck to pull a trailer. I'm thinking it could be fun to later have a homebuilt matching teardrop trailer. But I could end up building a receiver hitch plug with a real boat prop if the store bought one doesn't look right. :confused: That'll be decided later.

It will be nice to get to the end of August and have some money to continue the build. I'm saving up for a Labor Day welding extravaganza. :eek:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back