Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new 6 cylinder not t related

I would like to see some pictures of it.

That Jeep 4.0 was one of the best motors ever built. Also, it's earlier versions the 232 and 258 in the American Motors Cars. I bought my Son Don a '74 Hornet to drive while we were building his Olds convertible for him, he drove it for a couple of years, then I got it back and drove it for about 4 years, and we still see it running around town. It was good on gas and you couldn't kill it.

Don

My dad had a 300 6 when I was younger that I thought was indestructable. It had over 200,000 without being touched.

When I was in Germany in the late 70s I bought a 1978 AMC Concord wagon with a I-6 and four speed through the B-X. Drove it over there for 3 years with no problems and brought it back to the states in 81. Ran great and got excellent mileage. Best I got with it was on a drive from Enid, OK to New Braunfels, TX on a tank. I don't remember the mileage numbers but it was over 500 miles on that tank. With today's fuel prices I wish I still had it.

donsrods said:
That Jeep 4.0 was one of the best motors ever built. Also, it's earlier versions the 232 and 258 in the American Motors Cars. I bought my Son Don a '74 Hornet to drive while we were building his Olds convertible for him, he drove it for a couple of years, then I got it back and drove it for about 4 years, and we still see it running around town. It was good on gas and you couldn't kill it.

Don

My brother had a Jeep CJ with the 258 in it, drove it down from Alaska, bent push rods...I bet I put 4 sets of pushrods in that engine before he finally sold it. great engine, lots of low end torque for those 4X4 Jeeps, but for some reason, his bent the push rods and he wasn't over reving it either, least he said he wasn't...:lol:
But you and me think otherwise.....:eek: "BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back