Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Canadian Member

t6chan

Hello everyone,

I am new to hot rodding and have been reading a lot of threads on this site. I have to say that it is very informative. Looking forward in learning and giving back.

I am gathering information right now, read the TP manual, younsters plans, magazines and etc.

Basically I have a 1969 F100 as a donor, i bought this to rebuild but after looking at the rods, it seems way cooler. Engine: Ford V8 360cui w/3 spd., Rear 9" 61.25" wide.

Like most of us, I am on a tight budget... I want to use it if i have it, but sometimes, it only makes sense to buy new/outsource.

One thing that I really want to do, I konw there isnt much room but I want to have a STD tranny. I will start with the 3 spd and upgrade to a 5spd later.

I am sure i can make the engine work but will the rear be to wide? Looking for your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site, there's a ton of great people here that will bend over backward to help you along.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you make out with the manual trans.

....and that 360....man, you'll be able to pull tree stumps out of the ground.

Welcome,:D the stick will work just takes a little extra thinking. The rearend out of the truck is a little to wide IMHO.

Howdy from way down south, Amarillo TX:D

Vance

Welcome to the site t6chan. We're all about T buckets here. If that's where your passion is, you've come to the right place.

Ron

Welcome and glad to have you here!:welcome: Not very many guys go with a standard tranny, so I'll be checking out how you get it done. These cars can always use a twist to break up the norm. Good luck with it and please, post pics and insight so others can benefit from your experience.

One thing that I really want to do, I konw there isnt much room but I want to have a STD tranny. I will start with the 3 spd and upgrade to a 5spd later.

I am sure i can make the engine work but will the rear be to wide? Looking for your opinions.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I have a T-5 trans just sitting around if you want it it is your just pay shipping.

Hey all. Thanks for the support.

Yeah, i figured that the axle would be to long. I dont really want overly big tires anyways, sort of like the retro look.

So far I have been cruzin the web for inspiration and really looking at the different kits. I really like the 27T body but want to build my own frame. Does anyone know if the 23T frame from either Youngsters drawings or Tperformances manual work with the Tperformance body?

Would anyone have a DWG(autocad or any kind of cad) file of the frame? Even better, the body?

Hoping to start on this project soon, when i do, pictures will be on the way!

Cheers,

Tony

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back