Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New from Kenosha, WI

hollywood

Hello! New from Kenosha, WI. I actually found the site while looking at T Bucket images on Google. I'm currently working on a T Bucket Rat Rod for a customer.This is also my first Bucket Build. I come from a background of automotive, motorcycle and motorsports customizing, fabricating, and installing. Work and experience wise my forte is in the electronics. Vehicle wise my forte is Diamond Star Motors (DSM) products, specifically the turbo all-wheel-drive Talons, Eclipses, and Lasers. With DSM's being a world away from T Buckets this has been a massive learning experience for me. So far I'm loving the experience and can't wait to finish this one up and begin my own. I have enjoyed the fact that my first bucket build is for someone else and that he is planning a rat rod for a number of reasons, the main two of which are

A. His idea of a rat rod means a budget friendly use-what-works mentality and the more random the parts and pieces the better.

B. If I am ever stuck or need some creative guidance he is right there with his input allowing the project to flow smoothly, quickly over coming any issues.

Although far from finished, current info on the vehicle is as follows-

1941 Ford T Bucket
Fiberglass Tub
1970 Chevy 292 Inline 6 with a 1984 head
S-10 Rear end
Rochester B Single barrel Carb
Suicide front suspension, Coil overs in back
Front discs, rear drums
Stock Intake manifold
Customer home built dual exhaust manifolds

Rat Bucket.jpg

I work from home full time doing automotive, motorcycle, motorsports, and just about any thing that moves custom work, electronic work, etc. I currently own and operate Hollywood Innovations LLC, an automotive and motorsports electronic solutions company, and Chop Shop Performance LLC, an automotive and motorsports performance solutions company. Current vehicles and projects include

2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief
1996 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS
1991 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo TGP
1941 Ford T Bucket
1982 Kawasaki KZ 750 F
1972 Honda 838 Custom Chopper
1982 Yamaha Full Size Three Wheeler

Nearly every day and most evenings I am out in the shop working on something. Although extremely busy, I am always willing to lend a hand when able, and love having people swing by to help turn wrenches and pop tabs. :D So if you're in the area and want to check things out let me know! Thanks, Hollywood

Welcome to the forum Hollywood, I'm just a little south of you in Northern Illinois.

Thanks guys! Telman, What part of Northern IL?

Itasca, it's just west of O'Hare airport. We have another member "QuadBart" that is between us up closer to the Wisconsin border.

Hey Hollywood, welcome to the site.

Quick couple of questions for ya -

What Radiator is that?

What brand and size tires are on the front?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

T-Odd - It's a stock S-10 Radiator from the 80's, or at least that is what I was told by the owner. He also made a shroud and grill that fits around it, as well as gave me the upper half of an original 23 Ford shroud. As to what the final grill/shroud combo will be I haven't decided yet. The Radiator support rods you can see extending through the sides will be cut flush once the shroud placement is determined, that is if they are even left on the car. I was unaware when installing the radiator that the owner was preferential to the threaded rod radiator supports, and so I built a series of supports and brackets from some sheet metal and angle iron for the radiator, turn signals, and fogs rendering the rods useless. Of course afterwards he lets me know he really likes the look with the rods, so that's all they are, non functional and for looks. This is all installed in the picture above and sprayed black to match. Although a little difficult to see, the blinkers and fogs are all mounted on the same continuous bracket. This bracket is held to the car via an additional set of bushings and nuts on the inverted front spring U Bolts. Nearly directly in between each blinker/fog set is the lower radiator mounting hole. This is also where a vertical support is mounted on either side of the radiator. Easily visibly in the picture are the upper mounting holes where the vertical supports bolt to the top of the radiator to keep it standing in place. Both these holes are currently what the rods are traveling through in the picture.

The front tires are a brand new pair of National XT 4000, size is P205/75R15

Wow, I never would have guess those tires were 205, they look like a 185 - I REAAAAALLY like 'em. Going to see if I can find a pair right now.

I have a fried with a Model A roadster running a 292. It screams.

Really diggin' the engine in this project. Keep us updated, and if you see any numbers on that radiator let me know- it looks just like the one I have, but we can't find a replacement. Checked the S10 radiators online and they're all short and wide it seems.

Welcome from a little north Phillips .Do you happen to have a title for this yet?

Wow, I never would have guess those tires were 205, they look like a 185 - I REAAAAALLY like 'em. Going to see if I can find a pair right now.

I have a fried with a Model A roadster running a 292. It screams.

Really diggin' the engine in this project. Keep us updated, and if you see any numbers on that radiator let me know- it looks just like the one I have, but we can't find a replacement. Checked the S10 radiators online and they're all short and wide it seems.

Just asked the owner. Apparently I'm mistaken. I swore I heard him say it was from an S-10, then again that conversation was over a year ago so I must be remembering incorrectly. Anyways just now when I asked, he said it was from a 1932 Ford Model B Sedan.

Welcome from a little north Phillips .Do you happen to have a title for this yet?

I personally don't, but the owner does.

Getting a title in wiscosin can be tough. And depending on what year title is if it needs fenders or not to be legal. Exhaust is supposed to exit behind passenger compartment this I do know.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back