Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Intake for Roadster

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Here is a picture of an intake I just received.
I am running a flat tappet 302. I hope to put in a Mustang
roller cam, lifters and push rods while I have the intake off.
Eastwood sent me an email about a discount on their powder
coating gun and I was hooked. I have an oven, to be wired
and hope to chrome coat the intake before installation.
Come on good weather.

Powder coating stuff just arrived.

Attachments

• Intake 5.JPG
    Intake 5.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 90
Very impressive! I know you're waiting for spring, so I won't tell you what it was here today. Just wouldn't be fair.

Cool. Sounds like it should be pretty healthy. What kind of carburetor(s?) are you planning on running?

Very impressive! I know you're waiting for spring, so I won't tell you what it was here today. Just wouldn't be fair.

Yep. Spring is on the way. It's been in the low 70's here all week and headed for the mid 70's. All i have left on mine is to get it up on TDC, drop the distributor in and wire it up.

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. I have an old wrecked 67 LTD, a fellow Ford man needs for the frame for a race car. I wanted to keep the engine 428 and C-6, so I had been putting this off until the weather was better. My nephew and I shove the car in and put it on the lift, cut the exhaust and disconnected everthing under the bottom. Loosened the motor mount nuts to hand tight. Up top, gas line, ac hoses, throttle cable, and ground cables. Back on the floor and out comes the engine and trans. My shed is full with boat and a row of engines. I had to put the engine outside on some treated lumber and cover with a truck bed mat. I sat the oven up on a shelf and wired the pig tail and plug, still need a 30 amp breaker. I put the mustang motor on the engine stand and pulled the cam, lifters, pushrods and lifter spiders. I started deburring the tunnelport intake for powder coating. The chrome powder, just shipped today. Surprise, the intake is 22 inches long the oven is only 18 inches square. I sent out some feelers for an old oven or stove. I may have the intake coating done by someone else. I can do the timing cover and other parts in the oven I have.
Here's a question, I probably know the answer, can the water pump take the 400* F baking temp for powder coating? I never have cut a water pump apart to see what is used for seals. I even got in some ride time in the T. My nephew and I rode to the big city of Warrior to get a couple of bags of oil dry. Went to NAPA, as I like their help in finding old parts. Over $15 for 2 bags! My nephew is a slim jim, he was able to straddle the bags in the floor. Anyway, had a great day, did not break anything or smash any fingers.

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. I have an old wrecked 67 LTD, a fellow Ford man needs for the frame for a race car. I wanted to keep the engine 428 and C-6, so I had been putting this off until the weather was better. My nephew and I shove the car in and put it on the lift, cut the exhaust and disconnected everthing under the bottom. Loosened the motor mount nuts to hand tight. Up top, gas line, ac hoses, throttle cable, and ground cables. Back on the floor and out comes the engine and trans. My shed is full with boat and a row of engines. I had to put the engine outside on some treated lumber and cover with a truck bed mat. I sat the oven up on a shelf and wired the pig tail and plug, still need a 30 amp breaker. I put the mustang motor on the engine stand and pulled the cam, lifters, pushrods and lifter spiders. I started deburring the tunnelport intake for powder coating. The chrome powder, just shipped today. Surprise, the intake is 22 inches long the oven is only 18 inches square. I sent out some feelers for an old oven or stove. I may have the intake coating done by someone else. I can do the timing cover and other parts in the oven I have.
Here's a question, I probably know the answer, can the water pump take the 400* F baking temp for powder coating? I never have cut a water pump apart to see what is used for seals. I even got in some ride time in the T. My nephew and I rode to the big city of Warrior to get a couple of bags of oil dry. Went to NAPA, as I like their help in finding old parts. Over $15 for 2 bags! My nephew is a slim jim, he was able to straddle the bags in the floor. Anyway, had a great day, did not break anything or smash any fingers.

You can powdercoat water pumps---we do them all the time at our coating shop. You will want to blast it first, but when you do make sure to plug all of the orifices...you don't want sand/oxide in there! Depending on what type of water pump, we tape off the front seal area.

BTW, I'm leaving in a few minutes to head down your way for the weekend--Huntsville...unfortunately not for fun but a family funeral. :(

Ben T,
Thanks for the good information and advise. I got a lead on a 30" oven. I hope things develop soon. I am antsy to put in the cam and top it off with the intake.

I plan to run the 1 four barrel holley 1850. The inside casting on the Weiand intake is very good, better than the outside for finish.

Hey T, I J B Welded some blems on the intake. Will the powder coating adhere to this OK?

thanks,

Sorry about your loss.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back