Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New to t buckets

Rod Sauder

Hi, I have just started to build my first hot rod, a t bucket. This was an idea that came from my wife. She wondered what we were going to do with all the junk from 30 years of racing. So I have tried to use parts that are obsolete, illegal or otherwise not usable in the race car. I could not find a decent body for what I wanted. As I worked at a plywood mill when I started this car, I decided that a c cab would be cool. So as soon as I can I will post some pics. In the meantime I will tell you that the car has a 327 Chev Cascar motor. This was obsoleted by rules therefore it became a 402 hp. paperweight. As I have several transmissions I used a 3 speed. Dodge Dart Swinger rearend with 4.11 gears. Almost everything else on the car I have made myself. I dropped the front axle 5'' and all of the radius rods, panhard rod etc have stainless steel hardware. I had better say at this point that I had my own custom welding shop for many years but had to get out for health reasons. So now I play with my hot rod when I get a chance. Oh yes, I have been married for 30 years to my high school sweetheart. We have 2 daughters and I still race cars. It is a Supermodified, whole different world. I am looking forward to this site as I have seeking out people with knowledge in areas where I have none. Interiors,glass, creature comforts etc. Anyone close to Stouffville ,Ontario that would be able to give me some advice on some things I would really appreciate it. Rod Sauder

Rod, welcome to the forum, sounds like you are well on your way with your project, we will be looking forward to your photos. I believe that a couple of the members on the NTBA site have built C-Cabs, you might be able to get some additional information from them if you need any dimensions for the body or other types of info.

Glad that you have joined us
Bob

Welcome aboard! Glad ya could make it. Sounds like you're working on a fast one. When you get a chance post pics. If you have any questions, please hollar! Or type hard.:dance:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back