Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

News article

der Spieler

This was emailed to me today. I thought tfeverfred or other Texans could provide more information.

Texas Judge gives 7 year old right to decide custody.

Houston, TX, December 31, 2008

A seven year old boy was at the center of a Harris county courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy had a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Houston Texans, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey Der Spieler is there any sort of weekend night cruising action in clear lake in the summertime? If guy happened to drive the t bucket down with the teardrop camper in tow and camped out someplace? Were still cruisin here but not like it was 25 years ago. Paul

That's a good oldie, I heard it years ago but the version I heard had the kid asking to be adopted by the Green Bay Packers.

Twasn't the Packers... it was the LIONS.

2f5a_1.JPG

You too can own this jersey to commemorate the Lion's 0-16 season... and celebrate the fact that they were unable to be accused of beating anyone this season.

"Celebrate the Detroit Lions 2008 display of football futility with your OWEN 16 jersey (0-16). Commemorate the 2008 history making season and record that are sure to last a lifetime. The beauty of this jersey is you will never have to replace it like you did your Barry Sanders, Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, etc., jerseys because this history making feat is sure to stand the test of time.

Or buy this jersey if your name is OWEN. Sorry about that.

NFL Replica Jersey. Not actual 2008 jersey. Never seen a competitive game, similar to the Detroit Lions fans in last decade."

There is a weekend event usually the first weekend in August. They used to have it at the Surf but it was moved downtown to the square a few years ago. There were two cruises around the lake and a Friday night sock hop at the Surf and live entertainment on Saturday night. I think all of that has moved to the band shell at the square too. The cruises still happen and you need to bring bags of wrapped candy to throw to the kids that line the route.

If there is any regular weekend cruising I don't know about it.

norseman said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey Der Spieler is there any sort of weekend night cruising action in clear lake in the summertime? If guy happened to drive the t bucket down with the teardrop camper in tow and camped out someplace? Were still cruisin here but not like it was 25 years ago. Paul

Thats kinda what I was thinking about, post it up if you happen to see a date. Could possibly end up in the msra linechaser too. Im hoping gas stays reasonably affordable so a guy can do a bit of touring this summer..
I reallllly need to purchase one of those lions jerseys for my brother in law, a native grand rapids kid who is a DIEHARD lions fan. Man he took some lumps here in minnesota this year.. lolololol
Were under yet another blizzard warning tomm here. Dont look like we will be going to work in the morning..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back