Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

no garage

Francis Blake

Well guys the ###*** city of indep mo refused my application for a garage permit because there is a15ft easment across MY property.Called remax put it on the market. I will shake the dust of this town and will never return.no hope for a tbucket now to old to start over. I will look in from time to time but it hurts to much right now.You guys are the best..... Francis

Francis Blake said:
Well guys the ###*** city of indep mo refused my application for a garage permit because there is a15ft easment across MY property.Called remax put it on the market. I will shake the dust of this town and will never return.no hope for a tbucket now to old to start over. I will look in from time to time but it hurts to much right now.You guys are the best..... Francis

Yur NEVER too Old Francis......Go Buy a bucket, drive it, worry bout building yur own later....:cool: Hang in there !
"BH"

I agree. There are always a bunch of buckets for sale, and the owners never get out of them what they have invested. Buy one and make it your own with some simple changes.

Don

Baby Huey said:
Yur NEVER too Old Francis......Go Buy a bucket, drive it, worry bout building yur own later....:cool: Hang in there !
"BH"

BH is right! Just go buy one... Like Don said, you can buy them cheaper than building them... If mine were for sale, top dollar would bring me about 50 cents on the dollar spent to build!

Like everyone says, hang in there Francis.

Francis, the night is always darkest, right before the dawn.

I know how you must be feeling. I'm within a couple months of f-i-n-a-l-l-y getting my Total Performance kit paid off and, as of yesterday, I now have some serious concerns about my continued employment. The high performance industry is taking a serious tail-kicking with our current economical situation. Which means if I can manage to get the kit moved into my garage before losing my job, I'm sure not going to be able to afford to get it assembled. Just another day in Paradise, right?

An old pal of mine used to say it just goes to show you - there's always something.

I'm not giving up. Not yet, anyway.

I built my T in a friends garage because i dont own one after i finished it i rented a storage building and set it up with all of my tools I have plenty of room to work and it cost me $60.00 per month. you might try and work something like this out.

Sometimes easements are created just in case there should ever be a need for them. If yours is not being used, you may be able to have it vacated. Your luck dealing with beaurocrats would have to be better than mine, but it has been done. Doesn't cost anything to ask a few questions, and the housing market being what it is you are likely to have some time to kill. Really hate to see you have to give up the project!!

A friend of mine build his in the LIVINGROOM of his rented house. Put plywood on the carpet, unpluged the stove when he needed to weld. The fun part was watching the guy next door try to figure what all the flashing was about. After mock-up, we took it outside a piece at a time and reassembled it in the drive way and drove it off the next day. I was a LOT younger then! NOTHING should stop a true buckethead from his dream!

I bought a house with a two car garage and the ability to drive into the backyard specifically so that I can (in the even I ever have enough money to) build a shop, a BIG one for my cars and motorcycles.

The main problem is WHERE my house is... Bartlett, TN. They have the STUPIDEST codes here. You can concrete your entire lot but you can't put anything on the concrete.

If you build a shop, it has to be a TEMPORARY structure sitting on Terra Firma OR you you can build a PERMANENT structure IF it is 35' from the property line in all directions... which is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE in any neighborhood in Bartlett. Even the McMansions have tiny little lots.

You can build a Temporary Structure and pour concrete right up to the front door though and that's probably what I'll do.

Might be 30 years before I can do anything though.

I tried to build a car from scratch - got as far as cutting out the frame rails and buying a few pieces. I can NOT weld, and couldn't get anyone to come by and stick my frame together for me. No frame = no bucket building. Didn't get very far at all, just a big pile of parts taking up half the garage.

Then I took all my build money and bought a car. The parts are all still in the garage and the wheels are being driven off my hotrod every chance I get.

I'd still like to build one with my own hands... and with a lot of help from my father BUT I get to drive this hot rod as much as I can right now.

There is a bunch of Buckets for sale right now, I would bet there is a good deal out there just waiting for you. Go for it Francis, we only go around once in this life.

Francis, I feel your pain. I lost everything 17 years ago, my car, my tools everything but my magazine collection. It took ten years to get to where I could get a good start again. I know of cars built in basements, spare bedrooms, storage sheds, all sorts of places. You are just going to have to get a little creative. I gotta believe if you have the guts to scratch build a car, you will find a way to make it happen. Please don't give up yet.

To quote Little John, "My greatest asset is not the tools or anything else I have, it's my friends." Let me assure you, you have a whole host of them here. Hang in there my friend.

Ron

I'm building a bucket and I don't have a garage, I'm using one of the tent garages set up next to my shed. Yea its a hassle because I can't just shut the door and lock everything up. I have to pick up all my tools and lock them in the shed when I'm done. And when it rains it can get messy.

It helps that I'm building a driver, without gobs of chrome. And when the car is finished and needs to be stored in the off season I'll use car bag.

So don't give up! Maybe you could use a temporary building, truck body, container or a tent. Sure I would love to have a garage, and maybe someday I'll build one, but not having one will not stop me from building!

You guys are the greatest I cant tell you how much I appreciate you. Things turned around for me today thanks to my wonderful wife she figured a way to get me into a garage its not great big but it will do. I had my donner car in a temporary garage all winter it got so muddy I couldnt walk in it so I took it down last week and moved every thing to the drive way you know what went wrong then.Then my wife to work. the rest of the story (as Paul Harvy would say) is tomarow I order a big pile of parts and get started.:D:D:lol:...Francis

ALL RIGHT, when you say pile of parts, you do mean T-Bucket parts - I Hope. :D:D:D:D

I didn't spot this thread until tonight. What a difference a day makes. I'm really glad you didn't give up and you'll feel the same when you get started on your build and she begins to take form. I look forward to seeing what you have in store.

Thanks again.

You bet tbucket parts. Someone may remember I was putting a 1940 dodge truck on an s10 well I realized last night this motor and drive train is just what I want and I allready had over $1000 in tbucket parts that was going on it. now I have the cash that I didnt have to spend on a garage BUILD A TBUCKET SILLY. Today I order parts tuesday I buy metal for the frame. I down loaded a set of Youngsters fine frame planes and have all the tools to work with so might as well do it this way sence I allways wanted to build it myself. I will keep you updated and pics as soon as I have something.:D :D....Francis

I've always had a garage to park my vehicles, currently have 2 in a double garage and it makes all the difference in the winter when the night time temps outside are hovering between -25 and -40 deg.:eek:

Now that I'm starting a build, I'll likely have to leave one vehicle outside.

Back in the day, there were a pile of car clubs with lots of warehouse space for building and storage. Those have all dried up around here, and everyone is on their own. I could use a neighbor with a big empty shed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back