Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

no garage

Francis, I am so glad things are working out for you. We'll all be here in case you need any help, technical or other wise. How about giving us an idea of what you car is going to be like.

Ron

Hi Youngster thanks for your interest. Its going to be a27 style with a 4.3 chevy v6 700r4 trans was going to use a305 but with gas prices up every day. I want to use coilovers all the way but I am open to discusion on that steel wheels all around slightly larger on the rear. I plan to drive it a lot ( my suv likes gas a little to much)so I dont want to much difference in the tires. One question. how long should the frame rails be for a27 style t? :D :D Francis

One more thought it will eventually have a top and maybe a hood and fenders. I will even clutter up the fire wall with a mojave heater :D :cool:

This is one of those times when you want to have all you major components on hand while designing your chassis. the "plans" are set up for a sbc, and as such where is 33" figured in for the engine. That's from the waterpump fan flange to the back of the distributor. Measure this same distance on you V6 and adjust accordingly. I have also figured 3" in the length of the front side rails as a fudge factor. Sometimes you need to move your engine ahead or the radiator back to get the balance you need. Hence the fudge factor.

The bucket potion of the '27 body will fit in front of the kick in the frame. If you are going with the '27 turtle deck, you will need to mock the body up with the rear end and wheels placed in the location the deck dictates. At that point the car will tell you how long to make the rear side rails.

If you want the car to sit lower at the rear, just cut the kick pieces longer and shorten the rear side rails.

Ron

Francis,

Youngster is the bucket "guru" who can help you through every step of the process. I'm just starting my project and he has given me a wealth of information about what parts to look for and step-by-step-how-to's. I will be building to his plan set and he's been more than happy to answer all of my questions.

Speaking of the garage thing, I sure like the idea of a portable shelter. I've seen some on sale for a good price at building stores. Thinking of one myself.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back