Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

No need for any more dyno pulls

deckofficer

Banned
Hi all,

I would like to make this a short post, but it is too cool not to share in detail. I purchased my first G-Tech back in 2001 when I was starting to hot rod a 2000 Ford F350 diesel crew cab dually. As some of you might know, trucks like this weigh 8000#. At that weight, improvements as much as 20 hp just aren't felt by "seat of the pants" method. The G-Tech sees every little improvement, its accelerometer is that sensitive. The drawbacks to that first Generation device were, you had to run a set distance, the unit had just one accelerometer, so had to be mounted in a level position, and there was no rpm recording to go with the hp numbers. I had mentioned G-Tech once before on this forum and when I put in a link, noticed they had a new and improved model, so I purchased the new one. It has sat in the box since arriving in early November because I do not have a cigar lighter yet in the T. I started a discussion on dyno runs on the Hot Rodder's Bulletin Board and discovered not too many folks there dyno their rides, so I told them about G-Tech and provided a link. I sure didn't expect a totally new upgraded model that has GPS, superceded the model I just purchased. I called the company and the person I talked to said the owner would call me later. I didn't expect much, but here is what I was pleased to post on the other forum.......copy-paste.......

Well, good news, at least for me. The owner of G-Tech did call me today and will ship the latest GPS enhanced version to me. It is great to see owners take such an interest in the companies's customer relations. I certainly didn't expect he would spend better than 20 minutes chatting with me. Jovo did explain to me that on the new model they do not use ignition noise picked up by the cigar lighter cord to determine rpms because auto manufactures are doing a better job of shielding that RF. Now you program in gear ratios, tire size, etc., and the GPS will crunch out your rpm. He also explained for the most accurate dyno run, hold in second gear and at 2000 rpms nail it till red line (or less). After I picked his brain, he asked what line of work I am in. When I told him I'm a retired ship's captain in the Merchant Marine, he in turn picked my brain for awhile. All in all, a very nice guy who happens to be quite sharp, especially concerning G forces.

OK, back to "live" typing, I can't wait to get my hands on this model with features like instant hp laid down when you stab the gas, GPS speed readout, cornering forces expressed in G, dyno display and print out, the newly popular 0~100~0 test by the car mags, Ah, now I am wasting your time and mine when his web page does a better job for those that might be interested than I could. Does anyone here have any experiance with this nifty tool?

http://www.gtechpro.com/ss_fanatic.html

Bob

I'm trending towards a GPS coupled to a PLC for my panel.

Take a look at what Garman is offering for the Gulfstream 650 (corporate aircraft) full panel.

When you think three hundred bucks is a bunch of money for a GPS, consider a glass panel in a G5 or G65 might run a couple of hundred thousand dollars, the three hundred seems in acceptable.

Instruments will be the last thing I'll invest in. The technology just keeps getting better.

I'm trending towards a GPS coupled to a PLC for my panel.

Take a look at what Garman is offering for the Gulfstream 650 (corporate aircraft) full panel.

When you think three hundred bucks is a bunch of money for a GPS, consider a glass panel in a G5 or G65 might run a couple of hundred thousand dollars, the three hundred seems in acceptable.

Instruments will be the last thing I'll invest in. The technology just keeps getting better.

Now you got me curious? Your panel in an aircraft? Your T's panel? What functions do you want to interface with?

Bob

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back