Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Norm Grabowski's Niece Mary here...hello

Greetings...I was browsing the Internet and came across this site and wanted to say 'Hello'. I looked up my Uncle Norm and really enjoyed reading the references to him and of course the photos posted. Thank you all for your kinds words and wishes. I really miss my Uncle....My Avitar is me in the Kookie Car back in the late 50's.

My husband, Jim and I have been going through all of his stuff and want to continue to keep his influence and Spirit going and are open to any suggestions. We are going to do our best to keep his vehicles available so people can continue to share in the creativeness of my Uncle Norm. His Mother told him, "You can do anything" and he followed what she said. In all the letters and e-mails we've recieved from his friends and followers, we've read such wonderful testimonials on how he touched the lives of so many all throughout his life.

While Uncle was living with us, since May 2012 while we were doing all we could to help him with his illness, and he was pulling us into his world and wanting us to help him with doing a car show. He had so many plans. I've not been involved in car shows for many years but still have it in my blood.

Back in the 50's, in L.A., I was the 2 yr old little Princess dressed in blue velvet at one of the many shows Uncle Norm entered his Kookie Car in. And growing up with Uncle Norm I always went to as many shows and rod runs as possible with him. He was a blast to be around as many of you know. I even had my singing debut at the Street Rod Nationals in Gatlinberg, TN in the 70's. Yes, that was me at age 18 on stage with the Country Playboys singing Brand New Key.

And again thank you for the love you have of my Uncle Norm. He sure appreciated and loved you all. And if you have not done so already please become a friend or fan of the Facebook page we set up for him while he was still with us. It's Norm Grabowski (El Polacko) and enjoy the photos, videos, stories and comments. He also has a Fan page with the same Avitar and a black n' white of him at Bob's Big Boy in the 50's. later....Mary

Attachments

• Scan 563.jpg
    Scan 563.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 50
Hi Mary, welcome to the site. Your uncle was a true pioneer in this hobby/industry many on here got to meet your uncle and always talked about him on here,he was a real character and a fine person. He was a good friend to spirit cars Bob Chester and was planning a car with him. maybe he could help with a car show memorial for your uncle.

Hey Mary, I never met Norm but that Kookie T bucket gave me weak knees in my early teen years. I used to sit in class and draw versions of that car all day long. He is missed!

Hi Mary, welcome to the site. Your uncle was a true pioneer in this hobby/industry many on here got to meet your uncle and always talked about him on here,he was a real character and a fine person. He was a good friend to spirit cars Bob Chester and was planning a car with him. maybe he could help with a car show memorial for your uncle.
What a great idea Francis...I did call and talk to BC about another matter. He was very helpful in that. I really enjoyed the video of Uncle Norm taken at Spirit Industries where he was going through and showing the guys what he really wanted in a new (old) car build. BC suggested we get involved in the up coming Bucket Bash. That would be fun!

Here is the only picture I have of Norm. He is standing next to my bucket. This bucket now belongs to Francis Blake.
071.jpg

One very fine and true person, truely missed. But he's probably cruisin thru hot rod heaven, with Youngster and the other rodders. Kookie, Kookie where's my comb. Welcome to the site.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back