Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NTBA June Nats cancelled

Jim B

Just saw that the June gathering in Townsend, Tn is cancelled. I have a room booked and apparently they will move my reservation to next year since they plan to have the 2021 meet at the same place. That gives everyone a whole year to get ready and make plans to be there. Got to look on the bright side. Stay safe.

Thanks for posting, Jim. Here's the full text of the NTBA President's remarks:

Hi All,
The board has been meeting all week and we decided in the best interest of all members and participants, the NTBA is suspending all events through the end of June. Unfortunately, yes this includes NATS in Townsend, Tennessee.
Now, keep reading because we have some interesting plans we think you will like! NATS will be moved ahead on year to the same corresponding week in 2021, in Townsend Tennessee. It will be the week of June 9-12, 2021. DO NOT start calling the hotels to change your reservation, we are doing that for you! Rolla is working with the Talley Ho and the Tremont to transfer all reservations to the same days, one year later. If you find that will not work for you, then you can call and make your own adjustments. Please give us at least a week to get this coordinated, then you can change anything you need to. Both hotels were pleased we did not cancel entirely, and are happy to work with us on moving the date. Those of you in the RV park should have the same situation. I’m working on that, so please give me a couple of days to finalize it.
For the first three events in April and May, were trying to do the same thing, I will update on those in a few days.
From the start I’ve talked about the safety of all our members and participants, and not taking any chances of putting anybody at risk. Many of you have expressed concerns about attending events before this virus is completely over. We agree, and want all of you to come to events feeling completely comfortable, and confident of a safe environment.
As of this writing, we still have the second half of the season in place starting with the Boerne, Texas event in July. BUT, we will monitor everything as we start getting closer.
To sum it up clearly. No events through the end of June. Nationals (NATS) is moved to 2021 still in Townsend, Tennessee. Events starting in July are still in place.
I apologize for the inconveniences, and hope everyone is able to adjust schedules, vacations, work and everything else to be able to come to events. This stuff has set all of our worlds a little upside down, but like I’ve said before, we’ll be cruising again soon!
Bruce DeAngelis
NTBA President

Thanks Spanky I was about to do this copy/paste this very same thing.....You are Fast.....

So "Postponed" would be a better term than "Cancelled". Just sayin'

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back