Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Odyssey Battery PC 680

Gerry, I bought an Odyssey for mine, so I can lay it down below the boot (trunk) floor, where the original lead acid one stood proud.

Are you going to Billing next month for the fun run?
We can have another long chat there.
Gerry

I used to have that same battery in a trike with a 10-1 comp 502 BBC and it cranked it with no problem. With that said, I am using an odyssey 1200 in my T.

I want to get this battery. Ya just order PC 680, or PC 680 with the letters after 680?? I think it was MJ or something like that.

Thanks

I got my 680 last year. I have a 350 ZZ4 motor with 10.5 to 1 comp. and it starts it right up. The MJ means Metal Jacket. I got the one without the jacket. I needed a small battery to mount on the floor under the seat. No need to remove it for the winter.
Bill

Here is another vote for the PC 680..........had one in my 23 and it never gave me one problem. I was leary when I bought it but spoke to the owner of the company. He told me he has a blown BBC in his hot rod and it cranks that over fine. He was right, but I have no idea how they sqeeze that much power in such a small package.

Don

Well, it sounds like I will order the PC680 without the metal jacket. Do you think it will still work alright if it is mounted behind the seat? What I'm askin, is, should it be real close to the starter ???

I had mine mounted between the rear axle and body, in the worst possible environment where it got wet, and it still worked fine. Just run something like 2 ga battery cable to the starter for the positive, and also run another 2 ga cable from the negative post on the battery directly to a bolt that holds the starter to the block. That way you have a perfect solid ground and get full juice to the starter. You will still have to run some grounds from the engine or transmission to the frame and also into your wiring harness, but at least you will have full power to crank the motor if you do it that way.

Don

You can see the battery mounted on the right side of my car, in front of the rear end.

tpaintedrearendinstalled-1.jpg

Don,
Thanks for the info on the battery. I found this battery for $117 on Amazon. Is that a fair price?
Thanks,
Johnny

I had mine mounted between the rear axle and body, in the worst possible environment where it got wet, and it still worked fine. Just run something like 2 ga battery cable to the starter for the positive, and also run another 2 ga cable from the negative post on the battery directly to a bolt that holds the starter to the block. That way you have a perfect solid ground and get full juice to the starter. You will still have to run some grounds from the engine or transmission to the frame and also into your wiring harness, but at least you will have full power to crank the motor if you do it that way.

Don

You can see the battery mounted on the right side of my car, in front of the rear end.

tpaintedrearendinstalled-1.jpg

That's cool Don. Can you post some detailed photos of how you mounted it?
Craig

119.00 on ebay with free shipping..........I have these in both the Bucket & the Coupe, they really work great laying down under the seat with no problems for about 4 years now........Try em you will like em.............

Mike

Boy, are we being ripped here in Ozz? Just had a look on Evilbay and they are going for AU$249 + $25 postage, thats US$284.74. No wonder Australia Post need to build a larger parcel handing facility.

Been a while since I seen a photo of the shed buddy as well Don.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back