Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Okay, don't laugh, but....

tfeverfred

... has anyone heard or tried using "space saver" rims on a T Bucket or other hot rod? Would they work as skinny front rims?

It seems like they would. Doesn't it?

Isnt the wheel a .5 size for that reason. I was thinkin it was an odd size like 13.5 or something.

Don't they have a huge, ugly center?

Todd said:
Don't they have a huge, ugly center?

They do but there are people who are using them on the front of their lakesters on the salt with the big moon disks.

Tbucit said:
But aren't they only rated to 50 mph or something like that? I too have seen them and could not recommend them for looks or saftey. As always just my opinion.

Randall

The tires are rated for 50 miles @ 50 mph. I hope is just wanting to use the wheels and put regular tires on the wheels.

RPM said:
The tires are rated for 50 miles @ 50 mph. I hope is just wanting to use the wheels and put regular tires on the wheels.

That was the idea. I think the comparable tire size might be something meant for a VW. Not sure, if using these rims would work or not, I was just thinking crazy again.:)

I used them for some of my project as rollers. Like when I R&R a body off a frame. I suppose you could use them if you really wanted too.
shrug.gif

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back