Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Persistent Detonation

I would have to say that YellowBullet.com is a guilty pleasure for a lot of people. It's technical section, I feel, is unparalleled. Speedtalk.com is also another site that has excellent advice by known professionals. All for free.
T-Test, the Bullet can more than handle itself. You better have your big boy pants on, get ready to rumble, and bring your A game or you will look the fool. And they do not suffer fools in the least.
I will wager that Mike slips over there every once in a while for a change of pace. Maybe others here visit (of course with a different screen name).

John

Last edited:
I seem to remember that the Yellow Bullet was prone to collect viruses. I could be wrong but would sure check when using it.

Just pass the troubles on to someone else, eh!!! Hope it's not another MIKE web site!!
No, it is absolutely not another of my Web sites. Actually, I am in the process of divesting myself of Web sites. Just about 10 days ago, I managed to off-load eleven more sites, leaving myself with just nine. Slowly, but surely, the number is coming down.

My reason for the zipped lip is the particular forum section John was describing, over at YB, is called Trash or Be Trashed. The description of that particular forum identifies it as a place where the weak are killed and eaten. I do not spend any appreciable amount of time over there, but I am familiar with the site. They currently have some 15,707, 900 total posts, and just shy of 10,000,000 (Yes, that <--- is 10 million.) of them are in the Trash or Be Trashed forum.

Keep in mind that YB is an automotive forum, but Trash or Be Trashed is their single, largest forum. Their second largest, is a forum called The Political Corner, which comes in with over 2,500,000 posts. By comparison, their largest automotive technical forum contains 405,000 posts, with the second largest only having 234.000 posts. Their political forum, which deals with both political and religious topics, is over 6 times larger than their largest automotive forum. And it is nearly 20 times larger than this entire site. All the while, keep in mind those are topics we disallow on this site, so you can see how our limitations have severely stifled a lot of forum growth. If I had it all to do over again (and I am thankful I do not!), the guidelines of this site would have been more along the lines of a free-for-all.

I seem to remember that the Yellow Bullet was prone to collect viruses. I could be wrong but would sure check when using it.
'S a virus? ;)

All joking aside, any large Web site that allows members to upload images is susceptible to malware. And it is done quite innocently. Someone sends Joe Average an image with an infection attached. Joe, being the brain-dead slug that he is, has failed to update the anti-virus database on Windows box for over a year, so whilst Joe thinks he is protected, the truth is that he is not. And since Joe likes the image he doesn't know is infected, he uploads it to the ACME This-n-That forums, so that every Windows user who visits the thread runs the risk of being infected. (I run anti-virus checks on this site's server, multiple times a day, to keep infected files off this site. Of course, this is when I am not otherwise occupied with being insulting and hostile. :p )

Reactions: RPM
Could you list the sites you had and the ones you presently have?

John

I wouldn't give you that information. Too personal of you to ask, in my opinion. Mike's business is his business. Unless you are going to buy them[websites].

It was a simple question that would indicate what interests Mike has besides T buckets and his homeland.
Too personal in what way? I have to presume that everything Mike does on the internet is open and aboveboard and not of the "personal" sort. That these web sites are not involved in the "dark" web in any way and are not illegal or threatening. If these sites are for sale then they are listed in a public manner and as such are open to public scrutiny.
Because this part of the internet is open to the public, for public consumption, I can ask anything I want, to anyone I want.
As you can give your opinion, I can can exercise my own. And Mike can speak on this subject if he wishes. Welcome to the internet.

John

P.S. BTW, how do YOU know that I am not involved in any sort of BUSINESS with Mike and that I am NOT planning to buy the rest of his web sites with a large inheritance that I have just ............... inherited.

Nothing in the internet is "personal". If it is then it should be face to face.

Now, now, let's not get carried away, here.

I list a couple of other sites in my signature file. One is my personal blog, one is an Arch Linux-related site that I just have never taken the time to nurture. I have a site that is Scottish-oriented, as that is my true 'home' land. I still have two tech sites. I own a site that I operate for my Masonic Lodge. I have two sites that focus on Islam. I have one site that, whilst not being dark, is actually pretty dark. Pretty much all that happens there is an ownCloud instance, since I prefer not to use public cloud storage for personal data. I have one site that is naught but a photo storage site. I have one domain, that actually has a very tiny Web footprint, but the purpose of that one is simply for some personal and encrypted e-mail accounts. So, as you can see, there are more than nine sites, but three of them exist for my personal use only.

There are reasons I do not promote most of those other sites on this one. First off, they really have naught to do with this site's focus. Second, the Masonic site and the Islamic sites are capable of being hot button topics for ignorant people, so I prefer not to introduce any hot buttons to those who do not already have them.

No need for me to mention the sites I no longer own. If I elect not to promote my own sites here, why would I ever want to promote sites that no longer belong to me? There was a wide smattering of interests in those sites, everything from computers to politics to religion to cannabis re-legalization.

People regularly question my need to have extremely private and encrypted services. It is a very long story, one that really does not belong here, but about a decade back, I was involved in a whistle-blowing incident, in another country. I was one of those blowing the whistle, but that did not stop legal authorities in three, other countries from crawling up my backside with bright lights. I was also investigated by at least two, and possibly as many as four of the 'alphabet agencies' in this country. My phone was bugged, and I could not attend public events in the other country without being photographed and/or videotaped. I was not involved, nor was I ever accused of being involved in any wrong-doing, but you would never have known, what with all the police agencies that were watching me and talking with me. I do not wish that level of attention on anyone, and I cannot even imagine how Eric Snowden gets from day to day. Not a day goes by that I do not hope the stupid charges against him will be dropped, and that he will be able to return to this country without fear of reprisal. From where I sit, he is a hero, not a villain. But that will just show you how our government is doing its utmost to twist everyone's minds. And with great success, I am sorry to say.

snowden.png

And just to be perfectly clear, whilst I recognize John was trying to make a point, I do not want there to be any confusion on the matter. Never, at any time, have I ever been associated with any other person, persons, or any other entities in any business venture. My Web properties belong to me, and to no one else. I am the sole owner of the domains, and I am the sole holder of each site's copyright. Just ask Bob, I am too insulting and hostile to play well with others. ;)

This thread has veered way, way, way off-topic. Which may seem insulting and hostile, if you think about it. :whistling:

Now, now, let's not get carried away, here.

I list a couple of other sites in my signature file. One is my personal blog, one is an Arch Linux-related site that I just have never taken the time to nurture. I have a site that is Scottish-oriented, as that is my true 'home' land. I still have two tech sites. I own a site that I operate for my Masonic Lodge. I have two sites that focus on Islam. I have one site that, whilst not being dark, is actually pretty dark. Pretty much all that happens there is an ownCloud instance, since I prefer not to use public cloud storage for personal data. I have one site that is naught but a photo storage site. I have one domain, that actually has a very tiny Web footprint, but the purpose of that one is simply for some personal and encrypted e-mail accounts. So, as you can see, there are more than nine sites, but three of them exist for my personal use only.

There are reasons I do not promote most of those other sites on this one. First off, they really have naught to do with this site's focus. Second, the Masonic site and the Islamic sites are capable of being hot button topics for ignorant people, so I prefer not to introduce any hot buttons to those who do not already have them.

No need for me to mention the sites I no longer own. If I elect not to promote my own sites here, why would I ever want to promote sites that no longer belong to me? There was a wide smattering of interests in those sites, everything from computers to politics to religion to cannabis re-legalization.

People regularly question my need to have extremely private and encrypted services. It is a very long story, one that really does not belong here, but about a decade back, I was involved in a whistle-blowing incident, in another country. I was one of those blowing the whistle, but that did not stop legal authorities in three, other countries from crawling up my backside with bright lights. I was also investigated by at least two, and possibly as many as four of the 'alphabet agencies' in this country. My phone was bugged, and I could not attend public events in the other country without being photographed and/or videotaped. I was not involved, nor was I ever accused of being involved in any wrong-doing, but you would never have known, what with all the police agencies that were watching me and talking with me. I do not wish that level of attention on anyone, and I cannot even imagine how Eric Snowden gets from day to day. Not a day goes by that I do not hope the stupid charges against him will be dropped, and that he will be able to return to this country without fear of reprisal. From where I sit, he is a hero, not a villain. But that will just show you how our government is doing its utmost to twist everyone's minds. And with great success, I am sorry to say.

View attachment 11378

And just to be perfectly clear, whilst I recognize John was trying to make a point, I do not want there to be any confusion on the matter. Never, at any time, have I ever been associated with any other person, persons, or any other entities in any business venture. My Web properties belong to me, and to no one else. I am the sole owner of the domains, and I am the sole holder of each site's copyright. Just ask Bob, I am too insulting and hostile to play well with others. ;)

This thread has veered way, way, way off-topic. Which may seem insulting and hostile, if you think about it. :whistling:

See what I mean about being too personal? This info could/would be hard for me to disseminate as to what could happen to a you by not doing anything wrong. Our Gov'mnt has wayyy too much athourity over us citizens and it's our own fault for letting it happen by electing [officials] to do as we want them to. NOT All they do is help themselves---until the day of reckoning comes.

Off the OP subject. I'll be quiet now.

wow this is like an episode of housewives of oc,ny and every other women on period shows that got on tv, lord knows certain people like to comment if its not t bucket related

No sir Mike wasnt talking about you,was talking of other people that had chimed in
john

This is the soap opera of t-buckets-- and anything else that comes up. People learn of others by interacting with them. MPOO

No sir Mike wasnt talking about you,was talking of other people that had chimed in
Which is just another way of saying you were looking to pick a fight with someone other than myself. Yeah, somehow that explanation is failing to earn you any bonus points.

This thread is too far afield. Time to bring it back to its original state of confusion. 'Nuff said?

Update: I sold the '55 yesterday. The new owner isn't concerned about the issue, so it's all good. Problem fixed. Thanks for your help.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back