Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Portuguese hello from South Africa

Tafonso

Hi everybody, my name is Abel Afonso. I`m a brazilian born portuguese but for the past seven years living in South Africa. I`m married and have a 5 year old son that is also crazy about cars like me!!!

We are busy restoring our 69 australian Ford Fairlane 302 v8 and we started on the 23T bucket project.
As in this country is very hard to find restorable T bodies(IF THERE ARE ANY) and also the hot rod industry is "crawling" as it were, i decided to build my own body. Is coming out pretty nice, but there is a lot of work...(can post pics if anyone is interested)
I`ll need the help of you guys as i`m not a machinist of a professional bulder, but am a go getter and try make things as perfect as i can get.

Thanks for the opportunity

A Afonso

Welcome to the forum Abel, we'd love to see pictures of your project.

Welcome, start off with some pics of your Aussie Ford Fairlane :angel:

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate. Ron, you might remember me, i foned you couple of months ago asking a quotation for a T body here to South Africa, remember? :ciao: Anyway, could not afford getting one of those so decided to build my own. But i`ll talk to you regarding the other parts i need such as spindles, brake kit, etc.

SSTOCK: will post the pics, just finished the mechanical work needed to get back on the road. Now will start with the restoration and mods. Thanks for the interest!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back