Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

radiator

I've bought the last 3 or 4 from PRC and have been very happy with them all. They are aluminum, and my T never gets over 160, even here in Florida. Good people with a great product IMO.

Aluminum Radiators, Cooling, Wilwood Brakes, Goodridge Fittings, SPAL Fans | Street Rods, Classic Cars, Muscle Cars, Trucks

Price is about $ 400, fan and shroud add about $ 150 if I remember correctly.

Don

tmoreassemblyonfrontstuff-3.jpg

I had the chopped 32 radiator from Speedway in mine. I bought it 10 years ago for about $400. It is $750 now. You can probably find a 3 row 64-68 Mustang radiator that would work for under $200 that's what I had in my 289 Ford-powered Austin-Healey and it worked fine.
The dimensions of my 32 radiator were:

• 20-1/2" tall
  • 17-1/2" wide
  • Total bracket width is 20"
  • 3" core
so that should give you an idea of the size you need.

I am sold on aluminum Radiators, can't believe how efficient they are.

You can go to your local auto parts store and get a radiator for a '65 to 68 Ford Mustang and it will work/fit with minor fab. Should be around $120. I had a nice aluminum one from Superior that more than did the job. Got it at less than $400 on ebay. She was worth it. Shop around, but make sure she will work for the plant you have in mind.

Re: radiator Grill

My 23 T has a grill that looks like something you could barbecue on after I removed it criss cross look or checkered look. I need to either get a new one or have it rechromed. It is rusted on the radiator side and is pitted. so I would like to buy a new one. The radiator does not look as tall as what I have seen. and its cooling a chev 350. Any suggestions on what to do?
Harleydude

Re: radiator Grill

harleydude said:
My 23 T has a grill that looks like something you could barbecue on after I removed it criss cross look or checkered look. I need to either get a new one or have it rechromed. It is rusted on the radiator side and is pitted. so I would like to buy a new one. The radiator does not look as tall as what I have seen. and its cooling a chev 350. Any suggestions on what to do?
Harleydude

I suggest you get some pictures posted so we aren't making recommendations in the dark... you're asking a lot of questions (a good thing) but pictures really help out... keep in mind, while all these cars look somewhat similar, there are 1000's of differences! I really can't suggest what ya might want to do with the radiator... might end up telling ya to chrome a fiberglass radiator shell! :eek:

Dont bother, the chrome looks like crap on the glass:rolleyes:
Mike in ep

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back