Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radio. Whos got one?

ChrisK

Anyone have a radio in their T? I see harley guys with them and was wondering if it we be worth it putting it in the T.

You want to be like those annoying harley/goldwing guys riding down the roaad w/your radio so loud that people in the next county can hear it ???
dave

I got to start thinking about this stuff now before I get further into it.

I have several bikes and ragtops, I just use my iPod, sounds ok, no one else can hear it, and I can listen to what I want.

I doubt I could hear any kind of radio short of a thumping high power unit in my car. The exhaust isn't bad, but the wind noise at speed is just too loud. I use noise reducing ear muffs with speakers built in and either my phone or an MP3 player when I'm traveling on the open road. I can't comment on their legality except to say I've never been hassled about them. I do pull them off when going into a town.

Actually, extreme wind noise is my only serious complaint about my car.

Maybe I will put a 12v plug in in case I want to listen to tunes or use the phone gps. You guys are right about the harley radios. Seems they got a circuit that whatever the volume is the pump the jam a little louder so you set the thing at Idle and it keeps the same level above the noise at speed.

My T came with a radio. I have never been able to listen to it. I thought I might use it while parked, but usually end up talking about cars. It has a clock on it, OK, but I usually kill the power when parked and it goes back to noon. If it did not have it, I might want it more.

I have no radio and I don't recall ever saying to myself that I wish I had one. I do have a plug for Cellphone/GPS hookup.
Theres really a lot to take in when you drive a T Roadster and you are always being watchful of whats happening around you.
I've found that people are so taken back by the appearance of a T that they forget everything about driving and just stare at the T!
I've had people drive right onto a lawn because they forgot to turn.
Had a guy nearly rearend someone else in a turn lane because they were looking at my T and not where they were going. Would have killed him I think, Huge 4x4 VS a Hyundai econobox, but somehow managed to get the truck off to the side into oncoming traffic which he also missed hitting!
My buddy and I took her on a couple of major road trips and we were constantly being overdriven in merge zones and almost pushed off the road, because people were looking and taking cell pics rather than watching what was happening around them.
Every day you notice something going on that maybe wouldn't have gone on if the T wasn't there.

Driving a T is NOT conductive to "easy listening" music as far as I'm concerned. LoL

It's a viseral and intense high...as it should be. ;)

Reactions: RPM
I had a radio in my bucket but took it out and don't miss it. I like to listen to music on satellite radio in my daily drivers but it is too hard to hear it in the open car. For me, just the sound of my exhaust is the best music.

I run sprint style headers without the slip in mufflers. It sounds great to me with the high profile cam especially when idling at red lights when a non-car person comes along side.

No radio for me , I like to hear the exhaust & the motor . With cam , 4bbl. & headers . With that type car you except a different sound.

I would only put a radio in a T to listen to it while I was working on the car.

Reactions: RPM
Not putting one in mine, exhaust sound is all i want to hear! Unless you want to play music while parked at a car show.

I am planning on one in mine, I cant ride with out tunes. Even if the pipes wash it out. Stop lights are even more boring when there are no tunes. Now when that light goes green its a totally different story ;)

hopefully someone knows what my previous post is from.:) We have installed radios in tbuckets for turnkey cars we have built for customers with hard tops as with the hardtop you can hear the radio. We install the speakers under the dash. The radio we install just below the seat and we keep the dash clean and simple.seat.jpg

There was a radio in mine when I got it. Since then, I have tore it out during my rebuild. I thought about putting in another but, quickly decided against it. I figure I will go with some sort of Bluetooth speaker/ music set up.....If I decide I need music.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back