Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

rear coilovers

I'll say it one more time. The rear suspension is the LAST place you want to save money. Save money by not putting chrome on the engine or something else.

Buy GOOD coilovers or Airbags or something for the rear. You'll like driving the car more if you DON'T get cheap suspension parts.

I was luck enough to be able to get some QA1 coilovers from Lee in KC and it made my LOVE driving my car long distances as opposed to liking to drive my car on little round the block cruises.

My car's far from a show car but I LOVE to drive it and that's because it rides good. You get some cheap motorcycle shocks or whatever and it's going to ride like crap and you won't enjoy it.

Now how might you be able to get a nice ride without spending $500?

John (short T on the ntba boards) and a few other guys are using Peterbilt Truck Cab air bags (around a hundred to maybe a hundred fifty a pair I think they were).

Now you will probably still need to add some shocks to the mix so add in another fifty or so for those and you're around $200 for a nice ride.

I'm in Bartlett and I'd letcha drive mine to see what I'm talking about if the weather was just a bit nicer. Been raining for 24 hours here.

Only in a magazine once that I'm aware of ... and just as a note, after being a Street Rodder subscriber for who knows how many years THE ONE ISSUE I did not receive... the one I was in.

I called 'em and they said they'd send another copy out... never received the replacement issue EITHER.

Parker is the real deal... his Rusty ol Truck has been in all the magazines, some multiple times. He changes it up so much they don't know it's the same I guess.

That old Model A is a blast to drive and gets A LOT more attention than some cars costing ten times as much. JUST WAIT ... I'm heling him with two more change ups that WILL CERTAINLY end up in the magazine coverage of Louisville next year.

2667328059_c5e0436e19.jpg

Hint? {whispers} mobile corn squeezin machine OR hillbilly jug band. This should be fun.

T-Odd said:
Only in a magazine once that I'm aware of ... and just as a note, after being a Street Rodder subscriber for who knows how many years THE ONE ISSUE I did not receive... the one I was in.

I called 'em and they said they'd send another copy out... never received the replacement issue EITHER.

Parker is the real deal... his Rusty ol Truck has been in all the magazines, some multiple times. He changes it up so much they don't know it's the same I guess.

That old Model A is a blast to drive and gets A LOT more attention than some cars costing ten times as much. JUST WAIT ... I'm heling him with two more change ups that WILL CERTAINLY end up in the magazine coverage of Louisville next year.

2667328059_c5e0436e19.jpg

Hint? {whispers} mobile corn squeezin machine OR hillbilly jug band. This should be fun.

So did you ever get a copy of the mag? If not I have it here I can send it out.

Excellent answer there akitagandy, you can sasve money and still find good deals ... I can certainly understand the need to save money.

I've got an old crappy set of coilovers tat I ripped out fromunda the old bucket when I replaced them with the QA1s. They're not that great but I plan to use them on the super secret volkswagen powered super low four seater tub T fun bucket... oh dangit did I just let the cat outta the bag?

No worries, nobody ever pays attention to anything I say LOL.

Rear coils should have a spring rate of 100, 200, 300 ??? Front coils should have a spring rate of 200, 300, 400 ??? Any info would be great.

T 4 2 said:
Rear coils should have a spring rate of 100, 200, 300 ??? Front coils should have a spring rate of 200, 300, 400 ??? Any info would be great.
The rear will greatly be determend by how much you wiegh.I have the Total shocks and there rated at 160 lbs. and they beat me to death.Theres a member here that put 135's on his bucket and he says it rides like a caddy.I weigh 150 lbs.Hope this helps.

If the formular is that simple then Thanks I know which one I need to order.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back