Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Red

san-i-T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I see new red areas!

Yeah, we're working on a new forum style and a few wires are crossed. But we'll get them straightened out in a bit. (I hope!)

For those wanting to take a look at the new style, scroll to the bottom of the page and in the left corner you will see a menu selector. Click on it and select the T-Bucket Forums style.

Yes, it is red. And yes, it is very minimalistic. A lot of the images that get displayed in the other styles are removed from this new style.

I figure you are either going to love it or hate it, but it looks as if this will become the new default style that visitors will see.

For those of you that don't like the style, we've set up some instructions for you, complete with images to help explain how you can permanently set up the forum style you want to use. You will find the instructions here - http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f2/how-permanently-change-forum-styles-2468/

We'll try to have everything back in its proper place before too much longer. Thanks for your patience while we're upsetting the apple cart. ;)

OK, I think I've managed to fix everything I broke. If not, it can wait until tomorrow. I think today is a holiday and I'm taking the rest of the evening off.

I like the new color scheme but I think it would be better if it used the full width of the screen like the default version.

Rick said:
I still like and use the Red Bar
I think there are a lot of members still using the RedBar style. And I'm afraid I've got some bad news about that one.

There have been some pretty major template rewrites within vBulletin, to provide all the added functionality of vB 3.8.0. And the RedBar, vBSEO and SmoothRed styles were all written for vB 3.7.x, so the new functions are not going to be available in those styles.

I'm going to leave those three styles available for a short while, to see if we can come up with some upgrades for them. But you should all be aware those styles could end up disappearing before long. And if you hear someone talking about a forum feature you cannot seem to use, it will probably be down to you using the older styles.

I may try to do some editing of the pertinent templates to bring the older styles up to date, but my free time is at a real premium and it won't be happening any time soon. Sorry.

OK, it's bad news / good news time.

The bad news? The RedBar style is going to disappear at some point in the next couple days.

Calm down, calm down, let me get to the good news. :)

I will be reinstalling a new and improved RedBar style that has been updated to work with this new version of the forum software.

We have heavily modified the RedBar style from how the original designer wrote it up. So when I get it reinstalled on the forum, it is going to be really stripped down from what you are used to seeing. It's going to take me a few hours to get this new version modified to work and look like the current version. So if you log in and decide to use this new style before it is finished, you are going to notice a loss of several functions. Just bear with me, I'll work as quickly as possible.

Sheesh, the stuff I gots to do for youse guys. ;)

It's like going home for dinner. Whatever my wife serves is what I get. Otherwise, I have to learn to cook. I believe I'll be happy with whatever you "cook". Thanks for doing it!

George

fluidfloyd said:
It's like going home for dinner. Whatever my wife serves is what I get. Otherwise, I have to learn to cook. I believe I'll be happy with whatever you "cook". Thanks for doing it!

George

:rolleyes: Hear Hear!!

As long as we continue to have a place to meet and exchange ideas I really don't mind what options we have. Thank you for giving us the forum and the work you put into it.

If you have sharp eyes, you will notice that the familiar RedBar style has a slightly different appearance. But it is finally updated to work with the latest version of the vBulletin software.

I was happy (and relieved) to be able to make this upgrade, as I knew several of our members prefer the RedBar style over the other options.

Enjoy!

Thank you Master for keeping Red Bar ,,and the effort you put into this Forum

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back