Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rice/ VERY OT or is it?

tfeverfred

So, I'm coming home today from the doc. Minding my own business. In the SLOW (aka right lane) and this punk in a dang Honda Accord 4 door is on my bumper like he wants to see if my license plate is held on by phillips or a flathead screws. So.... yea it hit me. I let him get next to me at the next light and while we we're sitting there...... I smoked the gosh darn intersection! Laid a nice patch of rubber. Light turns green and I grab him right off the line. When he finally showed up at the next light, I guess he had learned his manners. He gave me a thumb's up. Like I needed it!? Felt good. Oh.... I'm driving a '99 4 door Crown Vic with a comp chip. 280HP at the rear wheels.

On the hot rod side of things, city of Houston is probably going to drop a check for my car and fight my physical damages. We'll see what happens, but damn.... I sure miss my hot rod.

Oh, storys or bench racing will be read and appreciated!:)

Disclaimer: This writer and the readers of this thread do NOT condon or glorify "street racing". Take it to the track, people.

I too don't condone street racing. However, that thing the local gendarmes refer to as an 'exhibition of speed', i.e. trying to boil the back tires off at a stop light, is a totally different story and one I subscribe to as long as the occifer has turned the corner and is off down the block a ways.

The thing I always say is " AH, Is there a problem, Officer ?".

My truck that I'm taking the motor and tranny out of for the T looked very bad. It was a hugh eye sore but that was just for looks. It had a 327 that I built and a tranny that my dad put together. The rear gears were 3.73's and with the 295/50's all around it would blister the tires. I pulled up to a mustang at the light one day and the boy next to me just saw a ragged out truck. When the light turned he smoked them down. Well the next light I felt it was my turn so I smoked 1st through 3rd. He decided at the next light to take it slow. It feels so good when everything goes right. Now I can't imagine how the light weight T will handle with all that power. Anyone want to sell me some stock in tires.

HAceT said:
My truck that I'm taking the motor and tranny out of for the T looked very bad. It was a hugh eye sore but that was just for looks. It had a 327 that I built and a tranny that my dad put together. The rear gears were 3.73's and with the 295/50's all around it would blister the tires. I pulled up to a mustang at the light one day and the boy next to me just saw a ragged out truck. When the light turned he smoked them down. Well the next light I felt it was my turn so I smoked 1st through 3rd. He decided at the next light to take it slow. It feels so good when everything goes right. Now I can't imagine how the light weight T will handle with all that power. Anyone want to sell me some stock in tires.

I can't help ya with tha tires, but..... I'll tell ya, when that pwoer to weight ratio kicks in HOLD THA "F" ON!:lol:

Oh.... I'm looking ata 502 for Miss Fortune. Guy says he'll do 650 on the dyno. I'm going to look this weekend.

Thanks. It ain't over, but it's looking good. And yea..... when Miss Fortune hits tha street........

REVENGE is a dish served cold. No that I'm carring a grudge or anything,:lol:

I hate crap like that, every time I take the bucket out for a cruise I get challenged. I've taken to offering to race them if they can offer me a worthy challenge. When questioned on it I simply simply ask them to do a wheelie. Most guys with front wheel drive cars don't even get it.

True. I was at the auto parts store and asked an idiot if he did or didn't take physics. Hell, power to weight ratio is something I learned in the 5th grade.

When asked " How fast is that thing ". I just say I am not sure, but it does take 30 seconds for the shadow to catch up.

Drilled the holes in the Dago axle today!

I wish i could find someone that wanted to race me.

They also ask how fast will it take off.
I tell them, it so fast that every time i
take off the paint slides back 2 inches...

speed equals weight divided by pony's
when you take 2 lb's in weight and
750 hp. only means one thing.
hang on to your a$$ and let your hat go to
hell......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back