Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rim sizes

jammo

I have been a member here for a while and I finally have a question. Here's the situation. I have a front suspension from a 40 Ford and rims to fit. The rims came off of a newer Ford truck and of course they are big but the bolt pattern is right. I would like to put some smaller rims on the front but I don't know what size to look for in the wrecking yard. Any body got a suggestion??

What are you asking? What bolt pattern? rim width? rim diameter? Do you know what the bolt pattern is? It is easy to measure. Take a tape measure and measure from the edge of one stud to the center of the stud two studs away (skipping a stud) on a 5 bolt pattern.

Steve, I have rims already but I would like to find something that is not so big and clunkly looking. I think the rims are 5 X 5 pattern. you know the old ford truck stuff. I need to know if anything else in the junk yard might have the same pattern and not look so bad. Thanks Jim

Jeep is the same pattern and some chrysler

The rims to look for are '49 -'51 Merc, '53 -'61 Ford 1/2 ton, Chrysler '49 to '51 or the jeep prior to '55. the Imperior wires from the ealy '50's will also fit. These are all 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern. All these rims are rivited so they need to run tubes in them. if you want tubeless then go to Stocton, Wheelsmith or Solids and order the 15 x 5 rims. I would suggest the new rims as the best way to go. theold ones are about the same price, $50 to $75 as the new ones, $50 to $60. the old one usually have a bad run out in them.

Ron

you might want to consider redrilling the hubs to modern ford, lots more choices and ezier to match a rear end.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back