Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Road Trip!!!!

yep...june bugs get my vote. birds will diffently increase your vocaulary!!

Ron

norseman said:
junebugs suck too.....

Yep. I had one hit me in the top of the head the other day. Felt like a small marble.:eek:

I've ridden motorcycles for many moons, so I'm kinda used to the bugs.:D:lol:

Mike

dan eichstedt said:
And people that don't never will understand.

Like the old saying, "IF I have to explain it to you, you'll never understand anyhow."

Funny though. A guy at work that used to make fun my motorcycle riding has recently became a convert. Now he rides more than I do!:eek: Guess there is hope for changing peoples minds.

Mike

within the first half hour of driving my bucket legally I was tooling down the road and my front tire picked up a rock and I had my elbow hanging most cool like over the side of the bucket, I took it right in the elbow, now if I see anything that resembles loose rock etc the elbow automatically comes inside of the body... once was enough...

My windsheild is just tall enough. I only get about 12 mpg but I get it very quickly...:):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ted Brown said:
The crap in the face or hits to the head, another great reason for a full straight up windshield, nothing gets you behind that type of shield. I only get about 18 MPG but it is worth it to be comfortable... :)

I've encountered all them flying objects on my bike with no windshield... I have a tall flat windshield on the T that makes a bug splatter big time!

they all only hit you once!!

Ron

Sometimes you're the windshield, hopefully not the bug.

About 15 years ago I hit a bird while on my bike going around Atlanta. It first hit the mirror, then the side of my open face helmet where it took it's last breath. It killed the helmet. Hundreds of cracks scattered up across the helmet. I had to stop and remove what was left of the bird from the inside of the faring. The wife wasn't too happy with all of this excitement. I count myself lucky that it was my helmet and not my face.

my bird was a red wing black bird at around 50mph in the chest. had a nasty bruise about the size of a football for a while. also leaned not to use armoral on the seat that day!!

Ron

Youngster said:
my bird was a red wing black bird at around 50mph in the chest. had a nasty bruise about the size of a football for a while. also leaned not to use armoral on the seat that day!!

Ron
I did that Armoral ONE TIME and just about slid out of my seat belt.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back