Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Roll cage guys in here!

bowtiestang

OK....here is my intro
ab.gif

http://www.tbucketee...member-from-az/

To start things off I need pics of some buckets with NHRA legal cages. I figure once I get this thing going I will be running mid to low nines...so no way in hell will I drive it with no cage.
I have looked high and low but cant seem to find many buckets with cages so any idea will help,,,

Thanks

There is a guy from England that has a roll cage. He goes By andy fadster here is a pic of his and a link to other pics.
DSCF0896.jpg

Andy link

Don't you just hate when a link goes bad for no reason.

If you want an NHRA chassis and cage you need to get an NHRA rule book and read it real close. Those rules and specs change from year to year. To run on the low 9s high 8s that chassis will have to be NHRA certified. meening they are going to look at it with a fine tooth comb. They wil sonic test wall thickness and look at all the welds and check the design of the chassis. You don't want to build this and have to go back and cut out some parts then redo it all. Also check with SFI for their chassis specs for the class ET and speed the car will run. If I looked at it right you will need a SFI 10.2, 10.3 or 10.4 spec chassis to run.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/drag.html

This cage is about 5 years ago, not sure if it would still be legal...........ruggs
DSC00480.jpg
DSC00498.jpg

What the bloody hell is that return road ... a drive in the country? An hour to get back to the pits? What do you do with a T/F car and have only 45 minutes between rounds?

So rural it hurts. John

Hey
This is one goood drag strip. The return road gives us a chance to calm down, have a coffee, phone the wife (shes out shopping), plan next years changes to the rear end and have a quick shower before we get back to the pits.. A good entertainment on the way back is dodging the pot holes. Thats real fun in an altered. I am trying to upload a couple of clip of my Topolino to a friend UTube account so I can post a link to it from Here.

Gerry

Hey Ruggs,

I like the looks of your race car so much, I may keep my newly acquired 27 body to build a full fendered car next year.... ah, disregard the words, next year... I mean the next car, which could be a long way off.

By the way, my wife has that same model camera used for the shot of you in the car with the body off...... she holds the button and pushes the camera.

Hey Ruggs,

I like the looks of your race car so much, I may keep my newly acquired 27 body to build a full fendered car next year.... ah, disregard the words, next year... I mean the next car, which could be a long way off.

By the way, my wife has that same model camera used for the shot of you in the car with the body off...... she holds the button and pushes the camera.

rotor flap, the car isn't mine, I just get the honor of paint and body work.......it is a very fun car..........ruggs

Well, we had alot of photos, there was this one fella here last year that had the tunnelram intake under the blower that looked cool as hell. Believ his had the rollcage. Also, look at some Altered drag cars, theres not a whole lot of difference between them and the T's here....just for ideas.

I'm notching my body out right now as we speak to put mine in, I just don't feel really comfortable should I have a accident and roll it. Wouldn't hurt my head though, sure as hell mess the road up though! Hee......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back