Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

sanderson headers

Francis Blake

I just received a set of sanderson headers and want you guys to know. They will not work the rigrt one is made backwards will not fit the welding is terriable and I have to pay the shipping back :mad: :mad: :mad:...Francis

Francis Blake said:
I just received a set of sanderson headers and want you guys to know. They will not work the rigrt one is made backwards will not fit the welding is terriable and I have to pay the shipping back :mad: :mad: :mad:...Francis

Wow... very first time I've heard anything but positive remarks... so they send you a defective product and you have to pay to send it back? I'm surprised that is their response...

Francis Blake said:

That doesn't sound like the Sanderson Headers I'm used to dealing with. Sounds to me like you need to move up the chain of command and talk to someone with better customer service skills.

I also have a set of sanderson zoomies that are real nice but also ended up putting them on with gaskets!

Keep us posted on your results dealing with them. I'm planning to change my exhaust --- need to quiet things down!

If you can weld, I would suggest buying some 180 degree U-bend from J.C. Whitney, a set of flanges and some straight exhaust tubing from a local parts store. Headers arn't that hard to build. It's a fun project, just take your time and do the best you can on fitting the joints.

Ron

I'm as shocked as the rest of you, but I guess every company has a few mess ups. Call Nick, don't deal with the lady who answers the phone. She is the owner, I understand, and has a rep for being not that helpful.

I tried calling Nick for you, but they closed at 4:30 PST, so I just missed them. If you don't get anyplace, PM me, I'll see what I can do.

As I've mentioned before, we have 3 sets and each has been perfect, but I too use gaskets to keep leaks from occuring.

Don

PS, give us some pictures so we know what you have going on there.

I have their zoomies for 3 yrs. with no leaks and no gaskets. Also had great customer service.Maybe just lucked out.

Francis, I don't have a dog in this fight, but since I have dealt with Sanderson so many times in the past I took the liberty of calling Nick at Sanderson for you.

As I suspected, there is a little more to this story. Evidently, this is your fourth try with different header companies in an attempt to get headers to fit your application. Nick says that they are not welded backwards, this particular V6 header is weird in the respect that the one side exits toward the front...........it has to be that way for the application it was designed for. You are evidently using it on another car/engine setup. I thought originally that these were T bucket style headers, but he says they are of the block hugger variety.

He has offered you a full refund, sans shipping back, because they feel the product is not defective, just not right for your use. We had to pay shipping both ways on a TCI transmission that failed after 200 miles, and we were not happy with that, so I understand your displeasure. For some reason most companies will offer a refund, but it is up to the buyer to cover freight............this includes Summit, Jegs, Pete and Jakes, etc.

Like I said, I am not involved in this in any way, other than to try to get both sides of the story. We have used them now 3 times, and every set of headers has been a work of art. It seems to me that you are making the right decision building your own, as that will probably be the only way to get a set that fit the application you have.

Don

Hey maybe you can contact them for me and see what is going on. My name is Frank Gleason (although when I call they still don't know who I am) I have been waiting 2 1/2 months for them to REPLICATE not create but replicate headers I sent them for my 1978 Ford Quadravan (4 wheel drive) I wish I had $4,000 to $7,000 for a tube bender. I've never used one before, but I bet I could learn AND replicate my headers in 2 weeks. I do know how to weld. We'll see what kind of craftsmanship I get out of them, they are definately not getting my hopes up, so maybe I will end up doing what youngster said and try making them myself IF I ever get my headers and they don't work correctly.

Still waiting, it's been 3 more weeks and every week I call they have a new excuse, of course they didn't do anything over the weekend then it was supposed to be ready to go the next week, because they were "getting everything worked out" then the next week they were running behind, now I'm getting letters from the city because my car has been sitting for 3 months. These guys are total f-ing IDIOTS!!!!

I don't blame you I will never work with these guys again, but I will spread the word of how they screw people over.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back